Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel

Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Official Airline Horror Stories Thread

post 'em here.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Official Airline Horror Stories Thread

I will never fly United again. After the WSOP ME 06, my wife and I booked a one way ticket out the day after I busted (QQ vs AA all in pre end of Day 2). We live in FL and the only thing available was red eye which we didn't mind but we had to go through LAX to get there. So we leave Vegas at 10:30 p.m. arrive in LAX around 11:30, and sit there on the runway for nearly 45 minutes. Meanwhile, our connecting flight is due to leave at 12:10 am in a different terminal. We run our asses off to the terminal (along with 3 or 4 other connecting passengers and arrive at the gate at 12:08 am just to see the sign say "departed". My wife who had only flown once prior (to vegas) asked what departed meant and I told her the plane was gone. So now it's 12:30 am, we have no clothes, no plane, no one working the counter, etc... We walk downstairs and see over 400 people in line at 1 am from an apparent cancelled flight from LAX to Chicago. After waiting 3 hours in line, they stated the next available flight wouldn't be until the afternoon the following day, however they would provide us with hotel for inconvienence. That would have been great and all, but the hotel was currently undergoing repairs and had no running water. So, it's 4 am, we have no clothes, food, transportation, water, flights, nothing....We return to the airport and I book a return flight through American and write United a certified nasty letter of my complete dissatisfaction with their customer service. They sent me (3) 100.00 gift certificates that were already expired.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They sent me (3) 100.00 gift certificates that were already expired.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Lots of people complain about people sitting in front of them leaning their seats back all the way, so I'd love to hear from someone that has used a Knee Defender.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 PM

I can see someone complaining to the flight attendant that their seat won't go back.
Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 PM

I flew US Airways from Atlanta to Portland on work, stopped over in Phoenix. Both flights delayed half an hour.

On the way back, there's a 30 minute boarding delay. Once we get on, an attendant takes my carry on from me as the plane is out of room in the overhead compartments. I saw the flight attendant walk by carrying my bag with a napkin wrapped around the handle that said "ATL" written in pen. Great luggage tag.

Luckily I had an aisle seat, because we waited about another hour before taking off. By this point I know I'm missing my connection, so there's no chance I'll be able to avoid the red eye or staying the night on the west coast.

Half an hour into the flight a kid gets up from his chair, bends over, and vomits in the aisle right next to me. Right onto the floor. The attendants waited half an hour to clean it up. It smelled horrible.

Arriving in Phoenix, the connecting passengers all stood outside in a group and listened to how badly each person was getting pwned. Eventually they told me I would have to stay the ngiht in Phoenix. I refused, and they found out I could get a flight to Vegas and take the red eye from there. I went ahead and filled out a lost luggage report there because I knew there was no way my bag would make it thorugh all this.

The flight from Phoenix to Vegas was delayed. Of course the flight from Vegas to Atlanta was delayed too, so it didn't really matter. I played slots a little in the airport as I waited.

I got back to Atlanta at whatever time in the morning, 6am or something, and of course my bag wasn't there. After arguing with the people and filling out yet another lost luggage report I took the bus back to my office. Got there around 7:30.

I was going to get some breakfast at McDonald's before work and when I was pulling out of the parking lot someone rear ended me.

They never called me about the bag, despite my calling them several times asking about it. I eventually just walked into the lost luggage room at the airport and took my bag without having to say a word to anyone.

No more US Airways for me.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:50 AM

I was on a long flight to hawaii and sitting next to me was a very fine woman. She explaned to me that she was single and wanted to know if i wanted to have some cocktails and try to enjoy the long flight over the pacific with her. I was on some medication at the time that prevented me from drinking, but she was so hot that I tried by having one drink.Then I became real sick and she started up with another man sitting behind us.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:14 AM

thai airways
i [censored] for 4hours on a 14hours flight..
and i can usualy eat any kind of crap.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:13 AM

lol AEROFLOT from Moscow to Bangkok in 2000. First of all the airport was as cosy and welcoming as the blairwitch forest. Dark and gloomy, and loads of shady characters of unknown nationalities abound. The food was inedible, all I could do was drink vodka while waiting 12 hours there overnight b/c of delayed flight. The flight itself was crazy. The flight attendants , who were 40+, butt-ugly and never ever smiled, walked around with fuming cigarettes in their hands , growling in russian at anyone requesting service. Yes it was a smoking flight lol. The plane was a rickety old antique, the food on board was even worse than normal russian food, all the information was in russian, i wouldn't have known it if we had to make an emergency detour to Ulan Bator. NEVER AGAIN

Another time I flew with a budget airline (NOK air), from Udon to Bangkok (Thailand domestic flight). As we are sitting in the plane on the runway, people are climbing out on the wing and it looks like they are having some sort of problem. This goes on for about 30mins then we take off...
About 15mins into the flight, plane starts shaking. turbulence i think, but it doesnt stop. Eventually the captain says they are having a problem with the plane and we need to go back to Udon. We make back down again safely, but that was my scariest flight moment ever. The icing of the cake - we were told to wait at Udon airport for about an hour , before boarding THE SAME PLANE and going to Bangkok. That was sick. As most of u probably know, a budget airliner crashed in Phuket recently and alot of people died. I have flown 15+ times domestically in Thailand using various budget airlines....NEVER AGAIN
Old 11-01-2007, 09:08 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 11-01-2007, 09:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I started a thread kinda like this in OOT and adsman posted an amazing story about a flight in Africa, somebody with more motivation than myself should dig it up and paste it here...pure gold

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a really good read, highly recommended.

The 2+2 Forums: Scary Air Travel Experiences