Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 06:56 PM

Default did I play this poorly

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (2.80 SB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

5th Street - (2.40 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

The reason i checked is because he is very passive and i know he is calling to try to make his low
6th Street - (2.40 BB)

Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

River - (4.40 BB)
I think he is only calling if he makes his low I saw him fold the river a few times already
Hero: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 6: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx

Total pot: (4.40 BB)
Old 07-22-2007, 07:14 PM

Default Re: did I play this poorly

I don't think I like the river bet. You're playing your board and therefore bluffing - are you sure you think he'll fold a high hand that beats 66? He knows you could be betting a low on the end, as you'd have bet 5th if you were going high.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:03 PM

yes, you should have bet 5th and kept on firing. I don;t understand the 5th street check. You gave up the pot when you checked.
Old 07-22-2007, 08:28 PM

Third and fourth are good. I would bet fifth. You probably have an edge equity-wise. I'm guessing there's a decent chance that the other guy has crap and will fold. Say that that Four paired him--is he really calling?

I would like the river bet more if you had bet fifth street. Since you checked, you've let him know that you were on a low draw and he will likely look you up with any high hand that beats your Sixes. He's not folding a low. He won't call with anything you beat, and he won't fold anything that beats you, so your bet has no value. If you had bet fifth, you could represent Aces-up and he would probably fold a one-pair hand that beats you.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:53 AM

You're acting first the whole hand and I don't see not betting as an option.