Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 12:04 AM

Default Re: What happened to Kneeco\'s thread on Dids?

Ok, I don't know the problem, but it seems theses days the most common post here is
" post deleted by mod "

May be it's ok, may be not. It recalls me playchess ( dutch site ), a site where you can't say someone is stupid without being muted.
I hope to not see such f***ism attitude here
Old 03-31-2006, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
PM mat or cola if you have a problem w/ his moderation. NVG isn't really for bitching about NVG mods. Also, kneeco was consitently trolling dids and got suspended for it so he's not really the best source to listen to on dids moderation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have a prob with Dids, but am adressing the point of where griping about a mod goes. The following is a quote of MicroBob's sticky in Forum Suggestions on mod bashing:

Hi all -

I have only recently been appointed as moderator of this little forum and already things have started to get a bit heated in here.

Having issues with the way a mod does things in their particular forum is fine.
But everybody coming in here to vent about it doesn't strike me as the best use of this forum.

Consider contacting them directly via PM or, if the topic is significant enough, making a thread about it in that actual forum.
PM would be preferred in most instances I think...but if it's a discussion about a policy in the entire forum perhaps a thread would interest others. Use your best judgement.

I just don't think the original intention of this 'suggestions' forum was for 2+2'ers to have a place to go running to if they don't like a mod (or anyone else for that matter).

If you have an idea about 2+2 forum moderation in general, then go ahead and recommend it here.
But if it's a personal grievance then I don't think it belongs here.

I think most of the specifc in-house topics need to be kept in their own house.

Any future posts in here criticizing a specific moderator will be locked and I will direct you to the information in this sticky.

This means that discussion of the moderation of a forum belongs in that forum.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
based on your post i really doubt you read the entire post. dids bad mod work was just part of the post. and kneeco was basically right about everything he said. he could have thought of a better title and have choosen to act more maturely in previous posts re: dids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying his reasoning for saying 'dids sucks' all the time had a real purpose is pretty lame. There were much better ways to handle any moderation problems he had than that. He was being a spammy little goatboy and had to know that he deserved to be suspended for it.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:09 AM

What that really means is don't spam it in the suggestions forum. The other thing is that the will kkf come back thread really turned into a lets talk about dids modding thread. We don't really need two dids modding threads.
Old 03-31-2006, 12:12 AM

In easier to read format, with links intact and all (might be some typos or that I removed before posting, but this is the last copy I have in notepad):
[ QUOTE ]
This really should be posted in 'about the forums' because that's the issue here, but since there is a sticky there against 'mod bashing' and the following might come off like 'mod bashing', I'll post it here. Incidentally, the following isn't bashing at all, rather it's me defending myself and trying to make 2+2 a better forum.

For those unfamiliar, here's the story up to this point. I've often posted 'Dids sucks' as a followup to posts in NVG and WPT forum posts in response to Dids posts where he uses his mod abilities in ways that I think are unfortunate and often embarrassingly childish (keep in mind that I don't post Dids sucks as a reply to a thread where Dids posts a personal opinion or something I disagree with, only when he posts something "as a mod" which I think is detrimental to 2+2) . Following these posts, Dids often deletes my comments and PMs me saying I'll get banned if I keep "trolling" him (which is an odd threat, as I've never trolled him to begin with, but I suppose it's easier to blame the messenger).

This past Sunday there was a NVG post about the possibility that a pokerstars user was multi-accounting the Sunday million dollar guaranteed, a user whose activity on Stars has always been somewhat suspect. Lee Jones himself, to his credit, quickly replied to the thread on behalf of PokerStars. Soon thereafter, David "sirio11" Cossio, a professional poker player who has found great success both live and online in the biggest tournaments in both the live and online poker worlds, and has been a huge credit to the 2+2 community from before I began posting here, posted in that thread with some followup questions for Lee Jones regarding the controversy. Sirio (who let me state for the record, has no idea I'm posting this and for whom I am not speaking) was, in my opinion, respectful in the way he phrased the questions and certainly entitled to ask them as someone who supports himself and his family on poker, and accordingly has a huge stake in the integrity of the game.

The NVG thread continues with the expected mixture of meaningful posts and absolute trash in a thread on this subject, until Dids rings in with:
[ QUOTE ]
[...]
Lee Jones almost instantly pops on and says what's up, explains all their policies. This is highly awesome. Go Lee Jones.

Then people who can't read start freaking out and acting dumb and insulting Lee. These people should attempt to understand what's going on before they foam at the mouth for the sake of foaming at the mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]
Pure class. Sirio (who again, I'm not speaking for), IMO rightfully takes issue with having his concerns marginalized, posts:
[ QUOTE ]
Wow man, how the hell somebody with your Thread summary skills got to be a mod

[/ QUOTE ]
Now. Here's the thing to realize, Sirio has been around since 2003 and made over 2000 posts, but he has this archaic idea that 2+2 should be geared toward fostering community among serious poker players and challenging each other into becoming the best players possible. As such, he tends to stick to threads pertinent to the game of poker and therefore might have no prior knowledge of who Dids is (it's a fact that if don't read threads about poker gossip in NVG or TV shows in OOT, Dids is essentially nowhere to be found). Since I think Sirio is a little too pre-occupied traveling the globe to play in $10,000 buy-in poker tournaments to read many OOT threads, I assume he may not know anything about Dids. What he does know though, is that Dids is a moderator, that the 2+2 powers have chosen him to speak on their behalf, and that he has used that voice to call Sirio illiterate. So here I am, and a poster from whom I continue to learn a lot and for whom I have the utmost respect essentially just got insulted by 2+2, a forum which it seems obvious to me, benefits greatly by his continued involvement. Therefore, I decide to reply to Sirio in an effort to assure him that he shouldn't put any stock in the opinions of a particularly bad poster, regardless of the colour of his name, and that at the very least, Dids doesn't speak for me. So, I reply. The reply is brief and to the point, it has since been deleted but I'm fairly sure I just quoted part of Sirio reply's and followed that by saying "Dids sucks, a lot". Dids considered this 'trolling', deleted the post, and banned me for a few days.

First let me defend myself against a blatant lie. I was not trolling. Trolling, to my understanding, is just posting inflammatory statements to get attention and/or to annoy. When I posted 'Dids sucks', this time and others, I was not doing that at all, in fact I was pointing out something which in my opinion is obvious and needs to be rectified to make 2+2 a better functioning forum, and in some cases defending other 2+2ers who have been wronged by Dids' failure to properly carry out his responsibilities (on a similar note, if I get banned for this post, I'd appreciate it if users who ask why I was banned are not lied to). One might ask 'but why just post 'Dids sucks', rather than a better explanation of your problems with his immaturity, ego, hypocrisy, misuse of authority, etc. Well, two reasons.

First, I think dids sucks sums things up quite nicely actually. Dids has accepted a role that entails a set of responsibilities which he is an embarrassing failure at fulfilling, and his failure in this respect has made 2+2 as a whole suffer and that sucks, as the source of something which sucks, in my opinion, he sucks. Secondly, I can't really afford to do write up a hundred words every time Dids does something that particularly illustrates the extent to which he sucks, it's just too much work. Let me be clear on this point; I have no job, I don't go to school, I have the social life of a hermit and I type roughly 150 words a minute. Nevertheless, I don't have nearly enough time on my hands to write 100 words every time Dids does something stupid, that's just how bad things have gotten.

The biggest issue here is obviously not the quality of one moderator, it's the well-being of the forum as a whole, and Dids' performance says a lot about the state of 2+2. Moderator position can be withdrawn, therefore every day that a mod remains a mod is a day that the 2+2 heads approve of his performance. By extension, every time Dids belittles one of the best poker players the 2+2 community is lucky enough to count amongst our ranks, 2+2 approves. Ever time he surpresses speech or expression and lies about his reason for doing so, 2+2 is on board. Every time he bans multiple users, some of whom are respected for posting substantive, poker related material, 2+2 is giving him a thumbs up. What does that leave us with? A much, much worse place to talk about and learn about poker. The kind of place where someone can say: I am taking a break from 2+2 because I want to work on my poker game!!! , and we all sadly understand exactly what is meant.

And in the opinion of at least one 2+2er, that just sucks. But it's ok, Dids will just ban him and 2+2 will be better than ever.

P.S.
I want to mention that there are a number of great mods on 2+2 whose work is appreciated. Also, if some of the above might sound like it's bashing OOT posters/readers, that's not the intention, OOT is often great for a laugh, so shine on you crazy diamonds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2006, 12:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
based on your post i really doubt you read the entire post. dids bad mod work was just part of the post. and kneeco was basically right about everything he said. he could have thought of a better title and have choosen to act more maturely in previous posts re: dids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying his reasoning for saying 'dids sucks' all the time had a real purpose is pretty lame. There were much better ways to handle any moderation problems he had than that. He was being a spammy little goatboy and had to know that he deserved to be suspended for it.

[/ QUOTE ]that may be 100% true. but that doesn't justify kneeco's lastest thread being deleted... only the previous ones
Old 03-31-2006, 01:09 AM

yeah, dids pretty much sucks.
Old 03-31-2006, 01:09 AM

KneeCo's thread was deleted because there's already a bunch of threads talking about my modding. I nuked the thread and told him to repost, he declined. I'm locking this for the same reason. Keep it to the thread where there's already an ongoing conversation.

Vent out my evils here
Closed Thread