Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:41 PM

Default $50NL- Flush draw and pair on turn standard?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 3 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $73.75
Hero (BTN): $55.40
SB: $56.50

Pre-Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($4) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.50</font>, SB calls $5

Turn: ($19) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $47.25 and is All-In</font>, Hero calls $32.15 and is All-In

River: ($111.30) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Villian is 23/9 over 166 hands. Standard raise on flop right? If I didn't hit a pair on turn would you just check it or bet it? All this is standard?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 PM

Default Re: $50NL- Flush draw and pair on turn standard?

In a vacuum this seems fine. When playing 3 handed reads and table dynamics are more important. So it becomes harder to give a good answer, IMO.

Maybe results oriented but, I might check the turn here just because I'm not sure what he's calling with on the flop that he's going to fold on this turn. However, I don't think you can ever be faulted for getting it in with a pair + FD against an unknown.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In a vacuum this seems fine. When playing 3 handed reads and table dynamics are more important. So it becomes harder to give a good answer, IMO.

Maybe results oriented but, I might check the turn here just because I'm not sure what he's calling with on the flop that he's going to fold on this turn. However, I don't think you can ever be faulted for getting it in with a pair + FD against an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you know when to check the turn or bet it when you have a FD and a pair? Is it based on reads?
Old 11-22-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know when to check the turn or bet it when you have a FD and a pair? Is it based on reads?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it depends on villain. If I know they call flop light but fold the turn a lot I will fire again. If a scare card hits I might fire again. Against most unknowns you probably aren't getting a fold here after they call your flop raise.