Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 02:34 AM

Default Re: Am I out of line? (hypothetical)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one would have to be a moron to fall for it, but in terms of ethics, i don't see a problem.

I think a more effective way to garner an overcall would be to call, then look at the player that made the initial all in and get ready to flip your cards up, expecting him to show. This would give the image that you forgot the second guy was in the pot. This might prompt an overcall or a shove from him if he thinks he can beat the original bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

that would actually be an angle

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wouldn't.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
one would have to be a moron to fall for it, but in terms of ethics, i don't see a problem.

I think a more effective way to garner an overcall would be to call, then look at the player that made the initial all in and get ready to flip your cards up, expecting him to show. This would give the image that you forgot the second guy was in the pot. This might prompt an overcall or a shove from him if he thinks he can beat the original bettor.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are trying to look as if you are about to show your hand why would you look at a player who's not even in the hand (according to what you want to be seen as)
Old 10-28-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it wouldn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are trying to look as if you are about to show your hand why would you look at a player who's not even in the hand (according to what you want to be seen as)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know. I don't really think its a smart or effective move. Its just not an angle. Its not even close to an angle.