Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 09:26 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

So MJ, does wicks ever confide with you on any tough spots, or do you both stay quite to have full atention on the games in hand? Or do you whip abit of Bach on to compliment the aggressive style of wicks and provide the tuneage?
Old 04-14-2007, 09:28 PM

I remember the first couple of days I did this for a living, and the tremendous feeling/buzz you get from waking up and being able to do whatever the [censored] you want, whenever the [censored] you want. Freedom baby. 3 years almost to the day, it's still a nice feeling.

But the initial buzz/high wears off rather quickly, and reality kicks in - do you really want to do the work necessary, and go about things in the right way to be successful at this? (and do you have the personality to withstand grinding day in and day out in front of a computer).

If you want to help yourself out, get an account at Full Tilt through an affiliate that will give you like 30% RB in $$ (I'm not one and don't know any, ask others or go to that forum, you need to know what RB is if you're doing this for a living). Stars FPP program is nice, but if you're scraping to get by, the $$ instead of a television or something is huge.

If you moved up to the $11s on FT (which run a lot most of the time), and played 1,500/month in addition to your PLO, that's $450/month on top of whatever you make in those SNGs. If you did just 5% ROI in those games, that's $1,275/month that, for someone who can 9-table continuously, can be done in <100 hours. You improve and make it up to 10% ROI, you have $2,100/month in pretty stable income, and you've hit your > $60/day goal with a lot of time leftover to study/play other games.

It's great to want to improve your game, etc. but a lot of what determines whether you're going to make it as a SS pro is your intelligence with bonuses/RB/game selection, etc. Getting to where you have a game (i.e. the 11s in the above example) where you have a steady/consistent earn while you learn/build up your bankroll is huge at the early stages.

Oh yeah, and exercise/eating better doesn't hurt either.

My 2(hundred) cents.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So MJ, does wicks ever confide with you on any tough spots, or do you both stay quite to have full atention on the games in hand? Or do you whip abit of Bach on to compliment the aggressive style of wicks and provide the tuneage?

[/ QUOTE ]Lol. All of the above.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:35 PM

After exactly one year as a pro wicks should have his own The Well thread.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:38 PM

nh gramps
Old 04-14-2007, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to help yourself out, get an account at Full Tilt through an affiliate that will give you like 30% RB in $$ (I'm not one and don't know any, ask others or go to that forum, you need to know what RB is if you're doing this for a living). Stars FPP program is nice, but if you're scraping to get by, the $$ instead of a television or something is huge.

If you moved up to the $11s on FT (which run a lot most of the time), and played 1,500/month in addition to your PLO, that's $450/month on top of whatever you make in those SNGs. If you did just 5% ROI in those games, that's $1,275/month that, for someone who can 9-table continuously, can be done in <100 hours. You improve and make it up to 10% ROI, you have $2,100/month in pretty stable income, and you've hit your > $60/day goal with a lot of time leftover to study/play other games.

[/ QUOTE ]Generally you don't understand how much rake you pay until you get some software that calculates it for you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 04-14-2007, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I remember the first couple of days I did this for a living, and the tremendous feeling/buzz you get from waking up and being able to do whatever the [censored] you want, whenever the [censored] you want. Freedom baby. 3 years almost to the day, it's still a nice feeling.

But the initial buzz/high wears off rather quickly, and reality kicks in - do you really want to do the work necessary, and go about things in the right way to be successful at this? (and do you have the personality to withstand grinding day in and day out in front of a computer).

It's great to want to improve your game, etc. but a lot of what determines whether you're going to make it as a SS pro is your intelligence with bonuses/RB/game selection, etc. Getting to where you have a game (i.e. the 11s in the above example) where you have a steady/consistent earn while you learn/build up your bankroll is huge at the early stages.

Oh yeah, and exercise/eating better doesn't hurt either.

My 2(hundred) cents.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm angry that I saw you once in Monaco.

YOU'RE ONE OF THE BEST!

.........TEN.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:43 PM

Had wickss at two of my tables as my session was winding down (err, one is still running). I'm starstruck!
Old 04-14-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Had wickss at two of my tables as my session was winding down (err, one is still running). I'm starstruck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you feel honoured to be sat at the same table as the great wicks.
I've, as of yet, not had that privilege .
Old 04-14-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
PokerStars Game #9423928903: Tournament #47849544, $6.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level VIII (200/400) - 2007/04/14 - 19:53:36 (ET)
Table '47849544 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: supernovaKOS (3718 in chips)
Seat 3: Luckydebarry (1904 in chips)
Seat 4: M0T0WN (1043 in chips)
Seat 8: wickss79 (6835 in chips)
supernovaKOS: posts the ante 25
Luckydebarry: posts the ante 25
M0T0WN: posts the ante 25
wickss79: posts the ante 25
wickss79: posts small blind 200
supernovaKOS: posts big blind 400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Luckydebarry: folds
M0T0WN: folds
wickss79: folds
supernovaKOS collected 500 from pot
supernovaKOS: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 500 | Rake 0
Seat 1: supernovaKOS (big blind) collected (500)
Seat 3: Luckydebarry folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: M0T0WN (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 8: wickss79 (small blind) folded before Flop

And here hes the big stack in the small blind with the medium stack in the big blind. Folded to him and he folds. What should he be pushing here? Seems like the perfect place to bully.

[/ QUOTE ]

I push ATC here.
Closed Thread