Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Second pair with nutflushdraw party 2-4 fullring

Utg $400 - fishy (passive station)
Hero $1133 - unknown for this players, tripled up set vs underset vs wrap,this is still first orbit
Button $1700 - creative, can attack weakness, is capable of only calling raise with bad aces, winning player

My note is from my account, I play a friends this session.

Hand Party 10 handed

UTG Limp 4 Hero raises to 18 from MP, Button and Utg calls.

I have KK89ds with spades and diamonds.

Flop As9h4s (60) Utg check, Hero pot Button call, utg fold.

Turn 10h (180) Hero check planning to c/r pot. (leaving 333 behind)

Ive nut spade draw so Button is rarely drawing. Only 235 and lower spades is poss.

Most likely he have a set/two pair. (Since we have a 9 and aces is unlikely, aces up is most likely of made hands in my opinion) Is this to fancy or are we deep enough to pull this off?

I sometimes limp behind and sometimes take a free card on flop, but its turn play I am unsure of.

- B
Old 12-07-2006, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Second pair with nutflushdraw party 2-4 fullring

I normally just bet again since button may just be peeling on the flop, but I'd mix it up. If the guy is super-aggro I'd make your move more often, but usually the 2-pair you want to fold will just check behind and then call a blank river. You're more likely to get him to fold by betting out, which threatens his whole stack at a reasonable price for you.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:56 AM

I like your thought process here but if you do checkraise turn will villain lay down top two/aces up? How does he view you, does he think you checkraise too often? Does villain ever trap on the flop? Is it conceivable that he's decided to draw to the 2nd nut flush but now has some straight redraw to go with it? Would villain ever float you with AK? I don't think you have enough info on villain on the turn to pull off the checkraise but a free card is very nice for you and if you have a history of checkraising you are likely to see a free river. Check and fold to a pot-sized bet, and if you sense serious weakness in a smaller bet go ahead and put him all-in if you've got the chutzpa.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:04 AM

I dont like the c/r at all. Is he going to fold A4xx or A9xx or a set as you've put him on? That T is a brick and unless you've been slowplaying him before then you're spewing money into the pot.

I'd c/f on the turn more often than c/r unless I knew he was nitish
Old 12-08-2006, 08:32 AM

The problem is if he third levels you and knows you know that he isn't on a draw. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-08-2006, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I normally just bet again since button may just be peeling on the flop, but I'd mix it up. If the guy is super-aggro I'd make your move more often, but usually the 2-pair you want to fold will just check behind and then call a blank river. You're more likely to get him to fold by betting out, which threatens his whole stack at a reasonable price for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

A c/r put his whole stack at risk, if we bet, we have to fold if he pot, and he can flat call again to reevaluate.

If we bet turn again, we need a plan for him calling and river blanks. Im kinda trying to take from him position, cause playing a blank river oop is hard here.

I like to apply pressure, not putting myself in spots where my opponents can do it with me.

[ QUOTE ]
I like your thought process here but if you do checkraise turn will villain lay down top two/aces up? How does he view you, does he think you checkraise too often? Does villain ever trap on the flop? Is it conceivable that he's decided to draw to the 2nd nut flush but now has some straight redraw to go with it? Would villain ever float you with AK? I don't think you have enough info on villain on the turn to pull off the checkraise but a free card is very nice for you and if you have a history of checkraising you are likely to see a free river. Check and fold to a pot-sized bet, and if you sense serious weakness in a smaller bet go ahead and put him all-in if you've got the chutzpa.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we check we can get the freecard only if he check behind. And check folding is of course very viable. But remeber the masterplan is to win every pot we play.

He is never semifloating with a bare AK here, he have two pair, set, draw, or pair + draw. And draw is less likely, since I have nut draw. Question is what of these thing does he bet on turn, and is he capable of bet-folding.

[ QUOTE ]
I dont like the c/r at all. Is he going to fold A4xx or A9xx or a set as you've put him on? That T is a brick and unless you've been slowplaying him before then you're spewing money into the pot.

I'd c/f on the turn more often than c/r unless I knew he was nitish

[/ QUOTE ]

Stack sizes mathers alot in this spot, I cant imagine he going broke with A4, unless he have enough redraw with it, that he feels priced in if he pot turn. He has no notes on me at all as mentioned before. Only thing he know is that I have a deep stack and tripled up vs topset.

- B
Old 12-08-2006, 02:23 PM

do you take this like with AAxx?
Old 12-08-2006, 02:40 PM

"And check folding is of course very viable. But remeber the masterplan is to win every pot we play"

**Except it really, really isn't at all. I can't think of someone i'd rather play with more than a person who wants to win every pot. Now I know you dont really mean that, but wonder how many of the advice posted on this board are to achive that result, damn the long term results.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"And check folding is of course very viable. But remeber the masterplan is to win every pot we play"

**Except it really, really isn't at all. I can't think of someone i'd rather play with more than a person who wants to win every pot. Now I know you dont really mean that, but wonder how many of the advice posted on this board are to achive that result, damn the long term results.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if we don't win every pot how do we win all the moneys? Cos if someone else wins a pot they can just leave before the next one. I think you have a leak dude.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you take this like with AAxx?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, if villian is aggro. Wazz think im full of FPS [censored].

- B