Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Which hands do you squeeze with?

$1/$2 6max, we are in the blig blind.

UTG limps and there one or two callers. Which hands are you tempted to squeze with. Hands with some sd value that play badly multiway? Any two?

Here's how not to do it??...

Hero has A8o in the big blind.
UTG limps, Button calls, sb calls, hero raises to $12. UTG folds, D folds, SB calls and he has a half stack $100, hero covers.

flop 556, two suited. Sb checks, hero checks (up until then i had c-bet every time)

Turn 7 new suit. Sb bets $25, hero raises ai...
Old 08-14-2007, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Which hands do you squeeze with?

It's not so much what cards I squeeze with, but what spot I squeeze in. A great time to squeeze is if a taglag opens from the CO and then a fish coldcalls on the BN. I'll squeeze any two from the blinds there if I think there's a good chance they will both fold.

For many people it's better to squeeze 72o than with A8o. The reason is because if you get called and spike the Ace, you have reverse implied odds. If you hav e a hard time not losing big pots in these spots, it's best to just pass from the beginning.

The earlier the opener, the less likely I am to squeeze. Assuming I'm not "squeezing" with AA or something (that I don't think of as a squeeze -- it's a value raise). Early openers are significantly less likely to be opening thin, and less likely to fold to a preflop 3bet, than late openers.