Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 10:24 PM

Default Re: August [censored] thread, yo

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I play in my first Super Nova freeroll and realize people play those like idiots just like any other tournament. I run into a player I played a bunch in the 9mans who sucked then, and he still sucks now. How can these people play enough to make Super Nova?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to see how many times I can open shove until I get called. Record is 11 I think. This one I shoved 56s utg first hand, and got called by AJKHoosier with T7s. Doubled up. 4 hands later I was out. Damn AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why you wouldn't play these legit...there is a ton of money in there. Especially with everyone being idiots. But I did want to ask you how you play these since I know you play them and complain about the non-chat. Now I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had somewhere to be. If I doubled up I was going to sit out for an hour or so. So I did double up, then I decided to push my luck with AQ, ran into AK and TT.

I only complain becuase no one will talk. Seriously every single time I plan an SN FR, people act like it's the goddam WSOP ME final table. One word for those people - TURDS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt, you cannot be serious. Most supernovas are not recreational, social players. They are typically serious multi-tablers who have 7 other games in play. I realize you don't play for a living anymore, but most people above microstakes games have no interest in being an internet chatty cathy at a freeroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all of them. And even the ones who are on craploads of tables can still say something. Eveyrone has time to say something. They literally say nothing. Even when I'm spewing out pure comedy gold.

Btw I must be totally kicking ass lately. Because you only respond to something I say if you completely disagree. And it's been a while. Woot me.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:27 PM

When you cascade, sometimes you don't see other peoples chat with all the stupid red announcements every 20 seconds.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 PM

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1410662

lol

Can I call on the river there?

Yugoslav
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1410662

lol

Can I ever call on the river there?

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO
Old 08-25-2007, 10:38 PM

wow that chick is awful

Yugoslav
Old 08-25-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So I play in my first Super Nova freeroll and realize people play those like idiots just like any other tournament. I run into a player I played a bunch in the 9mans who sucked then, and he still sucks now. How can these people play enough to make Super Nova?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to see how many times I can open shove until I get called. Record is 11 I think. This one I shoved 56s utg first hand, and got called by AJKHoosier with T7s. Doubled up. 4 hands later I was out. Damn AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get why you wouldn't play these legit...there is a ton of money in there. Especially with everyone being idiots. But I did want to ask you how you play these since I know you play them and complain about the non-chat. Now I know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had somewhere to be. If I doubled up I was going to sit out for an hour or so. So I did double up, then I decided to push my luck with AQ, ran into AK and TT.

I only complain becuase no one will talk. Seriously every single time I plan an SN FR, people act like it's the goddam WSOP ME final table. One word for those people - TURDS.

[/ QUOTE ]

Matt, you cannot be serious. Most supernovas are not recreational, social players. They are typically serious multi-tablers who have 7 other games in play. I realize you don't play for a living anymore, but most people above microstakes games have no interest in being an internet chatty cathy at a freeroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not all of them. And even the ones who are on craploads of tables can still say something. Eveyrone has time to say something. They literally say nothing. Even when I'm spewing out pure comedy gold.

Btw I must be totally kicking ass lately. Because you only respond to something I say if you completely disagree. And it's been a while. Woot me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously playing the SN freeroll for the social interaction?

I'm sad inside.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:11 PM

bones that is definately the best ativar ever

Edit: Ever
Old 08-25-2007, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you seriously playing the SN freeroll for the social interaction?

I'm sad inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing a few Gs at the Rhino won't cure.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:50 PM

This month has been so terrible. Anyhow, a few new goals:

1) Play more on Stars. Reach Supernova by the end of the year (43k more VPPs).
2) Macbook Pro + 30" monitor. Final cost hopefully < $2500.
3) Save up for a car. Specifically a black 2002+ BMW 3-series sedan. Maybe a ZHP.
4) Travel more.
5) Get side businesses running.
6) Print this list and tape it to the wall.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 PM

6 month goals:

1) Keep building my roll up to the 60's.
2) Pay off bills, and put enough back to get a new van
3) Get my new apartment furnished
4) Keep losing weight
5) Have enough money to move into a much nicer place when my lease is up

And my year goal:

Get web projects to where they're producing enough passive income that I don't have to play poker ever again. Stupid game.
Closed Thread