Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Regular Party players: you had better read this

Thou, that play more than 8 hours in a row on 8 tables, beware!

I'm Jetsetboy's girlfriend, and seeing him win a lot of money playing poker, I told myself: why not me? And created a Party account beginning of 2007, under the imaginative name: Jetsetgirl.

I’m using Jetsetboy’s account, as I have already done several times (I didn’t want to appear as a girl on 2+2), but today is the day of my coming out: this matter requires direct handling!

I played NL 200 for several months, and when I felt sure of myself, I began to play sometimes for 8 hours on NL 200 full ring and 6 max, using (how daring of me) Poker Ace, Poker Tracker and an old version of Demonster.ahk.

I played a lot between January and April, not at all in May (exams…), and two short cessions of 2000 hands.

Then yesterday...

I tried to access my account and was informed that it had been blocked. Quite alerted, I phoned Party, and was referred to a charming Indian accented guy that explained to me that after a thorough review, my account had been PERMANENTLY CLOSED, because – and I quote – I was “using illegal softwares that gave me unfair advantages over my opponents”.

I told the guy that I only used Poker Ace and Poker Tracker, but he insisted that he had “reliable evidence” that I used such softwares. As I said “nop” again, he began to attack from an other angle: “do you use softwares that fold for you, or raise for you?” I repeated again that noooooooo, only Poker Tracker and Poker Ace.

Then, with the next question, we began to enter Poker fourth dimension: “but Miss, do you sometimes play 8 hours in a row, and on several tables?” When I answered that yes, I actually did, he insisted: “really? You play yourself for 8 hours at a time on 8 tables?”

The guy just didn’t seem to believe that this was possible.

Either Party is really misinformed on how people play poker nowadays, or they really are somewhat prejudiced against women. For my account to be playing 8 hours on 8 tables, it had to be a bot.

I am quite curious to see the “reliable evidence” they have for this, because a bot that can play so erratically, make mistakes, go on tilt and stop every two hours to smoke a cigarette or go to pee would be an interesting piece of software.

I am also, more pragmatically, really, really pissed off, because they just closed my account without any warning and with 4000 dollars on it. For some, this isn’t much, but hey, it was supposed to pay the rent for the next 6 months!

Has this happened to someone else, or am I just very, very unlucky? Or victim of Party’s sexism? Or is Party punishing me for having stopped playing in the last 3 months?

AND FOR [censored]’S SAKE, HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK????
Old 07-03-2007, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Regular Party players: you had better read this

Does demonster disable those in-game "bot prevention" popups?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:50 PM

Maybe... I don't know.

I haven't seen much of these, only when I let my commputer on for like 24 hours, and I am incapable of saying if demonster was active or not.

Do such popups appear frequently or not?

PS: in default mode, demonsters says "ok" to any popup which just issues and "ok" request
Old 07-03-2007, 08:55 PM

There was some thread a while ago about someone having their account closed for being a suspected bot and Party support's only responses to the guy were retard canned answers like "you play long sessions and a lot of tables" and "you use the advance action boxes."
Old 07-03-2007, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has this happened to someone else, or am I just very, very unlucky? Or victim of Party’s sexism? Or is Party punishing me for having stopped playing in the last 3 months?

[/ QUOTE ]
There was a recent thread where some Russian players claim that Party banned them for using PT and PAHUD (here). It might be worth posting in that thread to see what finally happened with them.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 09:49 PM

Good job Party Poker... Im sorry you lost your $4,000 and I hope you get that back, however I am 100% against PT or HUD or PokerAce or whatever you guys use. I dont think any poker site should allow any program at all, and if you do use a program, they have the right to take your money without notice. Good job Party Poker, I hope US friendly sites do this more often.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:51 PM

this is a weird post.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good job Party Poker... Im sorry you lost your $4,000 and I hope you get that back, however I am 100% against PT or HUD or PokerAce or whatever you guys use. I dont think any poker site should allow any program at all, and if you do use a program, they have the right to take your money without notice. Good job Party Poker, I hope US friendly sites do this more often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that... but only if they let everyone know in advance that they aren't allowed. I'm not aware whether they have or haven't though, didn't check their rules.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, you think they should take money from people who run software they allow? Maybe you should crawl back under that rock...

BTW, we've had plenty of threads on this topic, why don't you bump one of those instead of hijacking this thread. My apologies to OP for assisting the hijacker. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good job Party Poker... Im sorry you lost your $4,000 but I am a huge douchebag and I am 100% against PT or HUD or PokerAce or whatever you guys use... Good job Party Poker!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Whether you are for or against the use of PT or PAHud this is not justification for confiscating funds. There is nothing in PP's T&Cs that would restrict anyone from using this software. In fact many poker sites have gone out of their way to make the hand histories PT compliant.

Nice post though. I'm always impressed with people who take a little joy from of the misfortune of others.