Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM

Default Re: $200NL - Hows My Line?

[ QUOTE ]
I actually cant think of a single hand he'd call a 3bet in position with, then check behind this river.

The only 2 hands that he might do this with are QQ/JJ. Those are lol not calling a bet on this river anyways.

He is not checking behind AK/AQ here imo

[/ QUOTE ]

This is FR, he is a lot. What hands is he going to be getting value from with AQ? Unless you're running at a 6maxesque 24/21 or something he's not going to expect you to 3bet anything worse than 99+ and AQ+. Of those hands there isn't much that you can really call with that AQ is ahead of and even AK might fear a c/r. The guy is a 16/5 after all.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually cant think of a single hand he'd call a 3bet in position with, then check behind this river.

The only 2 hands that he might do this with are QQ/JJ. Those are lol not calling a bet on this river anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is FR, he is a lot. What hands is he going to be getting value from with AQ? Unless you're running at a 6maxesque 24/21 or something he's not going to expect you to 3bet anything worse than 99+ and AQ+. Of those hands there isn't much that you can really call with that AQ is ahead of and even AK might fear a c/r. The guy is a 16/5 after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a really good post.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He ain't folding either, brahseph. And given his PF stats and how little he bet on the turn, he's going to bet much smaller than he would've called w/ on the river. Thus, your river CR (which he isn't calling) is more likely to net you less than just betting.

I'd just bet $70.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:45 AM

I don't like bet folding this flop; if he calls or raises he has you beat and if he folds it's probably a hand you have beat and have just missed value from. You play this hand fine until the river although there is some potential for a small bet on the turn but c/c was fine also. You have to bet the river for value though - he's checking behind with a lot of his range here. I'd lead out for around 2/3rds pot.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:06 AM

People keep saying hes checking behind with a lot or the majority of his range.

He is checking behind:

QQ/JJ - Irrelevant since hes folding to a river bet.
AQ - I think he bets it a lot of the time, but I can understand and accept the arguments you all have given me for why he checks behind here
AK - I think he bets it almost every time, but I can understand and accept the arguments you all have given me for why he checks behind here

So does this constitute a lot/the majority of his range?

I cant really imagine him not bluffing the river with any other random holdings he could have given my line.

Just seems like betting the river is only better than checkraising in the sense that it gets value from AK/AQ when AK/AQ aren't betting the river.

Like, I am pretty confident his betting range is wider than his calling range. I don't think you guys have factored in the random crap people call 3bets with in position when they have a LP raise 3bet.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 AM

i would c/r someone who has more flushes in their range, but given turn bet size i agree w/ phresh that even if he bets wider than he calls its very close to the same range and you will bet bigger than he will.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:26 AM

I didn't read any replies yet....(so maybe a fresh opinion)

pf - you have to reraise obv...
-It could be read by villain as a resteal. even though he could be stealing with a wide range here, guys like this aren't calling reraises with much, so we can narrow his range

flop - given above and no history(you didn't speak of any) I would cbet and fold to a raise. As played, are you folding to a bet here? If you are willing to call say a half pot bet, you may as well be the one betting.

turn - If he calls my cbet, I'd probably check fold, maybe incorrectly but at this point he isn't folding aq, ak or a10, maybe aj but I don't want to try to make him. there is a small chance he has qq, jj and even smaller chance flush draw, ax or 2x......As played same as flop..if you are willing to call $20 why not bet $20 or so(half pot) as most if not any pairs are in his range

river - if he calls my cbet and I for what ever reason I decide to call a bet on the turn, the pot would be at least $100....I shove, he will have to call with most of what he got here with........as played, his small turn bet makes me think there is a good chance he will check behind unless he has 1010 or the flush, both of which are calling or raising a bet so I don't like a check raise here. bet $60-$65 and hope he either made a hand or bluffs.

my $.02
Old 10-23-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]

flop - given above and no history(you didn't speak of any) I would cbet and fold to a raise. As played, are you folding to a bet here? If you are willing to call say a half pot bet, you may as well be the one betting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people say this?

By betting, he folds every single worse hand and calls/raises every single better hand.

So I might as well be the one betting? Why. If I bet he will never bluff. If I bet and he decides to bluff, it will work.

Betting Axx flops with KK generally sucks.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:45 AM

after reading replies......

A player like this is checking behind with more than you think. It is not uncommon to see any ace other than AK and some smaller flushes do it. Given that players like this are not calling reraises with suited crap and even then if they did the chance is small that they did happen to this time with clubs , you have to lead river here. also I think Ak and KQc can be discounted, you have 2 of the kings
Old 10-23-2007, 06:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do people say this?

By betting, he folds every single worse hand and calls/raises every single better hand.

So I might as well be the one betting? Why. If I bet he will never bluff. If I bet and he decides to bluff, it will work.

Betting Axx flops with KK generally sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

because a player this tight will fold some hands that beat you. If you check here,you have given him hope that will carry him to the river that his Ax is good.