Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

[ QUOTE ]
katy, that top says "pregnant" to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see how women can't see this. This kind of things says either preggers or "I'm trying to hide my weight" which of course only lends the imagination to picture the girl fatter, not thinner.

When someone puts something in a hefty bag, you're pretty much going to assume its garbage.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't know what the problem is here? If its hot out then why not wear them. My feet get majorly sweaty if I have to wear proper shoes and socks on a hot day.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that it looks really terrible from a fashion standpoint (and the topic of the thread is fashion). If you value the extra comfort more than looking good, that's fine, you should wear them. I don't have a problem with it. Just know that most people are going to think you dress terribly, which you might not care about, which if true is also fine.

Also, not wearing flip-flops doesn't mean you have to sweat. there's plenty of good looking shoes that are comfortable and can be worn without socks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke to a few people and they all disagree about them looking terrible. Several hot, fashionable girls included. I really don't see where you're coming from on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're probably your friends and they've seen you wear flip-flops... so they're just being nice (or have no taste).
I will say though, that if you're very tanned, have great feet (as in go and get pedicure or whatever) and you're also a model, then it can be ok.

Otherwise you'll look better in shoes. Some examples below that you'll probably look much better in, trust me.

Old 06-19-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The darker your skin color, the better this dress is going to look. This looks great on a white girl, and it would look super hot on most black girls, I think.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone ragging on flipflops - post a pic of a pair of casual shoes you wear and think look good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand and accept flip flops with shorts, but just really don't like the jeans and flip flops look. I can count the number of guys I have seen that it looks good on in one hands. As for casual shoes, I really like these with jeans:

With shorts, I usually cycle between Lacostes (basic, solid white), Adidas, and a pair of old school Vans that I've had for years.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the ones on that picture look bad unless you're on your way up to a mountain top.

I agree a lot with the final thing you said though (la costes, adidas, vans)
Old 06-19-2007, 06:08 PM

Old 06-19-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
katy, that top says "pregnant" to me...

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't see how women can't see this. This kind of things says either preggers or "I'm trying to hide my weight" which of course only lends the imagination to picture the girl fatter, not thinner.

When someone puts something in a hefty bag, you're pretty much going to assume its garbage.

[/ QUOTE ]

eheheh
Old 06-19-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't know what the problem is here? If its hot out then why not wear them. My feet get majorly sweaty if I have to wear proper shoes and socks on a hot day.

[/ QUOTE ]
The problem is that it looks really terrible from a fashion standpoint (and the topic of the thread is fashion). If you value the extra comfort more than looking good, that's fine, you should wear them. I don't have a problem with it. Just know that most people are going to think you dress terribly, which you might not care about, which if true is also fine.

Also, not wearing flip-flops doesn't mean you have to sweat. there's plenty of good looking shoes that are comfortable and can be worn without socks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spoke to a few people and they all disagree about them looking terrible. Several hot, fashionable girls included. I really don't see where you're coming from on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]
They're probably your friends and they've seen you wear flip-flops... so they're just being nice (or have no taste).
I will say though, that if you're very tanned, have great feet (as in go and get pedicure or whatever) and you're also a model, then it can be ok.

Otherwise you'll look better in shoes. Some examples below that you'll probably look much better in, trust me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or else they just want you to wear those ugly things so they look better and better standing next to you.

That outfit the guy in the first photo is in almost made me laugh out loud. I think if I saw that in real life I wouldn't have been able to not laugh.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

heheh
Old 06-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Boro, its possible that I'm liking her better in the sack than in the top, nh.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:14 PM

Alright, what do you loungers think of this look? I'm digging the skirt. I already have a lot of black tank tops to go with it.