Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2007, 09:37 AM

Default Re: Fashions you love/hate

[ QUOTE ]

For women it works if they have a stupendous midsection that curves out nicely at the hips. If you are less than perfect it just makes you look fat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've noticed this too. There are some girls who are not really very fat at all but who shouldn't wear those low pants because they have a little bit of fat concentrated on their hips. Wearing really low tight pants makes a strange bulge right at the waist band and it looks comical. Not a flattering look.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:44 AM

Some women aren't really fat either, but just have slightly distended bellies. Enough beer will do that to you, even after you lose the weight. So their ribs and the top of their bellies are on one plane, and then below the belly button, the pelvis arcs in at a steep angle toward the crotch. NOT having this is one of the main things that makes bellies sexy, but if you have it, even if you're slim, you don't look so hot in these ultra low cut or low hanging pants/skirts.
Old 06-19-2007, 12:02 PM

I agree Blarg. Basically no one should wear these pants with a short shirt unless they have a smokin hot body. I've noticed that a lot of women these days are kind of proud of their bellies. Funny.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For years, I used to wear white socks with dark suits and black shoes. The Blues Brothers did it, they were cool, so I figured I was cool. My partner hates it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that would be goofy as hell. This is not cool at all Diebitter.

Speaking of socks, what kind of socks should guys wear when dressing up for the office? I'm talking about with Dockers or brown dress pants? I've noticed some of the guys in my office wear thick brown or grey socks which look super casual, and some wear thin (old man) dressy socks which look goofy. What is the appropriate style with Dockers anyway? It seems to be all over the place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless the man is wearing jeans, the socks should be the same color as the pants, but at least as dark as the pants. They should not attempt to match the shoes, or the shirt, or anything but the pants.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:09 PM

thanks Drew! I didn't know that socks should be at least as dark as the pants [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Katy, I really like your taste in clothes. I like pretty much all the pics you've shown and my gf owns most of them. Any thoughts on the ankle length skirts in the same style?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, AceLuby. You are now one of my favorite posters. I love ankle length skirts. Which style were you referring to? You mean like the pink dress I posted?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm definitely partial to printed skirts, usually really flowey, but I also like the same style in earthy tones as well. Can't really beat it in the summer.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:06 PM

I hate popped collars. Anytime I am out and I see some dude or even girls now days doing this I make fun of them.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate popped collars. Anytime I am out and I see some dude or even girls now days doing this I make fun of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 06-19-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A line please: White socks with a suit

bad or good? For years, I used to wear white socks with dark suits and black shoes. The Blues Brothers did it, they were cool, so I figured I was cool. My partner hates it. With a passion. Every chance she'd get she'd let me know. We'd be out, and she'd point out my white socks to anyone who'd listen and roll her eyes and shrug and look apologetic.

I've finally I crumbled. I stopped wearing white socks with suits.

But give me a line people, are white socks with dark suits okay or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
I might be getting leveled, but it's way worse than just 'not ok'. It's really, really bad.
Old 06-19-2007, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys and girls think of this style top for women (not for teenagers)? Do we like?

[/ QUOTE ]

katy, that top says "pregnant" to me too...