Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2007, 02:42 AM

Default Re: ***Girl\'s Night Discussion thread 02.21.2007***

[ QUOTE ]
The women fell into 3 categories for me tonight:

Scary good: Melinda, Lakisha. With apologies to Simon, I thought that Melinda was the better of the two. 22 people can get plane tickets home, not 23.

Good: Sabrina Sloan, Stephanie Edwards, Leslie Hunt, Jordin Sparks, Gina Glockson. Any of them would have blown the doors off last night vs. the men.

Average: Amy Krebs, Alaina Alexander, Haley Scarnato, Nicole Tranquillo - but most of them would easily have placed in the top 4-5 of the men

Should be out: Antonella Barba. Perhaps not this week, but there's no way she makes the finals.

[/ QUOTE ]

The women were so much better than the guys. It isn't even close. The top 2 guys last night would have been 8th or 9th best tonight.

I basically agree with your groupings but think it is:

Lakisha >>> Melinda > Stephanie > Sabrina >>> Gina > Jordin > Leslie >>> Haley > Amy >>>>> Nicole >>> Alaina > Antonella

So that is 6 groups of people. The 3 worst girls were as bad or worse than the worst guys. The top 7 girls were all better than all the guys. I was actually embarrassed for Antonella and Alaina they were so bad.

I predict Alaina and Antonella should be heading home and only a VFTW could keep them around.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thought Sabrina was the best woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's close between her and Stephanie for my favorite. I also liked Jordin, Gina, and Melinda, in approximately that order. I guess I'm in the minority, but I only mildly liked Lakisha. The shouting is a little too over the top for my tastes. The rest of the pack was anywhere from boring to awful.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:07 AM

I'm going to be a bit of a voice of dissent here. My taste in music is vastly different than the pop and R&B sung on the show, so that may explain my opinions, but anyway...

Stephanie: Very good, solid. One of the best tonight, but didn't blow me away. I think she's like a classier Fantasia. 8/10

Amy: Meh. The judges had this right; forgettable. However, I do think the song fit her and she seems more poised than they gave her credit for. 6/10

Leslie: Ugh. She's so weird when she dances, and her voice is a bit deep and odd, and I dunno -- something about her rubs me the wrong way. Probably yeah, the insanity. 4/10

Sabrina: Very pretty, very confident singer. But she shouted the entire song, and I don't like being shouted at. Still, she's good. 8/10

Antonella: Wow, the hate here is strong. WTF? Seriously people, rewind and listen to it again. I listened to it twice -- yeah she's off key in a couple spots, but she's also on key in most of it. She's by no means a great singer and she'll never make the top 12, but Jesus you guys are just brutal jumping on the hate bandwagon. I picked up something in Antonella's performance that I got from nobody else tonight (and it was probably bolstered by her not being as good as the others) -- and that's a real sense of vulnerability, tenderness, and honesty when she's performing. She's not that good, but she definitely isn't phony. 5/10

Jordin: Karaoke, forgettable, blah. She has chops, but her personality is grating. I foresee her song choices sucking all season. 6/10

Nicole: Jesus Christ this sucked ass. I hated every second of this performance. She was all over the place like an epileptic orangutan screeching around the stage. She can't dance, she can't move her arms, she can't do a run without looking like she just snorted a potato sack full of cocaine. I have no idea why more people aren't ripping this. 2/10

Haley: zzzzzzz (and stop with the pantsuits) 5/10

Melinda: How is there any question she's not the best singer in the competition? Seriously. There's nothing wrong with her voice at all; she's a pro through and through. Unfortunately, she's extremely unattractive and I don't like watching her on stage -- talking or performing. That said, she's got unbelievable pipes and stood out tonight. 9/10

Alaina: I kind of like this girl for some reason. I think she's going to work hard and probably be one of those like Katharine who keeps improving more than the others. I hope, at least. 7/10

Gina: I like her too but she sucked tonight. I hate that song and she kind of growled it out in this weird throaty bellow that looked weird. I think she's better than this. 6/10

LaKisha: Please don't kill me. Will I be de-modded and burned at the stake if I say I think she's the most overrated singer here? I mean she isn't bad, but we've seen voices like this before. Her song choice was showy and bombastic, allowing her to belt out these notes that were aggressive and piercing. Her low register sounds like an air conditioner and her high pitches make me need to turn my volume down. I can't believe Simon thinks she's the one to beat. Cleaaaaarly (to me at least) Melinda and Stephanie are much better. 6/10

Because of all the ruthless mob hatred for Antonella, she's the only one I voted for tonight.

EDIT: Also, I think the best of the top 24 so far, for me, are:
1) Melinda
2) Blake
3) Stephanie
4) Phil
5) Sabrina
Old 02-22-2007, 03:16 AM

Whoever said Bailey Brown was hottest ever obv. forgot all about HEATHER COX last season.....amazing
Old 02-22-2007, 03:20 AM

anyone who knows the AI history? will antonella's voters stay with her for awhile? or desert the ship fast??

won't be as entertaining without her around.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: ***Girl\'s Night Discussion thread 02.21.2007*** *DELETED*

Post deleted by Mike Haven
Old 02-22-2007, 03:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Whoever said Bailey Brown was hottest ever obv. forgot all about HEATHER COX last season.....amazing

[/ QUOTE ]

[Deleted vulgarity.]

[/ QUOTE ]

good lord.... i was hoping you were "gone" a year ago.... why are you back?
Old 02-22-2007, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe Simon thinks she's the one to beat. Cleaaaaarly (to me at least) Melinda and Stephanie are much better. 6/10

[/ QUOTE ]

I couldn't agree more.

But it cannot be denied that Simon has pull over the voting and if he continues to pile on the superlatives about how unbeatable Lakisha is its going to make it very tough on Melinda and Stephanie in particular.

[ QUOTE ]
Alaina: I kind of like this girl for some reason. I think she's going to work hard and probably be one of those like Katharine who keeps improving more than the others. I hope, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna be hard to improve from home, which is where she'll be heading tomorrow.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Alaina: I kind of like this girl for some reason. I think she's going to work hard and probably be one of those like Katharine who keeps improving more than the others. I hope, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gonna be hard to improve from home, which is where she'll be heading tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

She flat out sucked in her Hollywood clip, and wasn't much better tonight. If there's any justice, her and Amy will be heading home. Of course, there's rarely any justice on AI.
Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I liked Lakish, Jordan, and Melinda best tonight.

Lakisha is obviously the early favorite but I see Jordan Sparks having a good chance to make top 5. I also like Phil Stacey in this spot for the guys. I think both he and Jordan have a great shot to make top 5 and hit double digit sell numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil was the only guy that really had something the other night. Actually, the beat box guy had a really nice voice too... just not the same vocal power as Phil.