Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: 30/60 O8 -- live

Looks like AA46 to me. He bets the turn because the 5 looks like a great card to help his aces hold up against made or potential two pairs. He probably thought he had the best high and a live straight draw after he checked, re-evaluated after you raised and was just hoping that either his straight cards or his low were still live. On the riv, AA46 is hoping that you also just hit your wheel (might put you on A24) and that he can take 3/4 against an overplay.

Given what you do have though, there's no reason to raise as he will have a scooper more times than he'll have no low. This hand probably splits 80-85% of the time though

I'd like to hear what he had.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:11 PM

i think puting in the extra raise is thin but has some value
Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 PM

i tanked for a little bit and figured there's usually no way i'm losing the high hand here after the turn action. but still yet could potentially get quartered. (the only hand killing me is A235 / A288) on the turn)

the blended equity between the thin raise vs. putting in 5 bets vs. chopping out was too thin for comfort... i think the right term is convergence. (i could be wrong)

i called the 3 bet and he opened A25Q and i got mine. going over the preflop and especially the turn action, there should be some value in a river raise in the long run.