Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 AM

Default Re: August Low-Content Thread

This was a weirdplay and a lean payoff for making a draw last Sat:

Hero on the button with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 players, Hero limps in, don't ask why.

Flop has two spades. Early position player bets, call, hero raises for a free card. Big Blind calls, early position player raises and then bets again on the turn (a blank). Late player folds, hero calls

(that free card play is sure paying off here, isn't it?

big blind check-raises. Oh, thank you. Early and hero call.

River card is a spade! Hooray! Big blind bets his last 5 chips. Early player calls, hero completes the bet.

...and early position player folds!

WTF??? There are over 15 big bets in the pot--that's 120 chips--and a player who just called a bet from a check raiser now folds for 3 more chips? This guy has some uncanny mind-reading powers.

Anyway, I won the pot but I sure didn't get a good return on my risk. Early player said he folded 2 pair--never found out what the big blind had. I deserved at least three more chips for that hand.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:09 AM

Crazy Mike wanted me to do a long blog about this but I have no idea what he wants me to say so I'll just bitch about not winning a lot of money from him. It starts with him hustling me into going to the Palomar to play a 60/120 game. He tells me the game was 8 handed yesterday and he knows I don't want to play him HU. I think he's horrible, but I'm busto so I don't want to play 60 HU. Of course I get there and see he is standing around a table all alone. I drove the whole 8 miles to get there so it's not like I'm going to turn around. Also there isn't a 40 going at Ocean's so I have nothing better to do.

Things start off well and before I know it I have won 3 racks (which is only $3k because for some unknown reason we are playing 6/12 chips). Mike rebuys and I win another rack or so, yay running good for once in a game higher than microstakes. With about 15 minutes left Mike wins a bunch of huge pots at showdown and he has to quit (we had agreed on a specific time and he happened to run like god right at the end). I am looking at my chips and see I'm up a rack still, better than nothing. I then rack up and see that I misjudged the amount of chips I had in front of me and that I am not up $1130 at all, I am up $130. Fantastic, another breakeven waste of my time.

Beat: Drove to play a not HU game and had to play HU
Beat: 60/120 with $10 chips
Beat: Crazy Mike talking for 3.5 straight hours
Beat: Was winning like 35 bets and lost it all back
Beat: Thought I was still a rack winner
Beat: I'm starving
Beat: Apparently drinks aren't free at Palomar so I had to shell out like $3 for soda
Beat: 1am and I've only been awake for a few hours and there's no game to play anywhere. Called Ocean's as soon as Crazy Mike quit and the [censored] 40 didn't even start. I boycotted the 20 game yesterday and forced myself to play 5/5 NL (ran incredible and it was still just an awful experience) so basically the only game I am willing to play at all is 10/10 NL and I don't want to play that anyway. So I can't go there.
Brag: Place is like 8-9 miles from my house so if the game becomes a regular thing with more than just Crazy Mike and I it would be really convenient and better than driving all the [censored] way to LA or Oceanside.
Variance: Probably going to play Wii for like 12 hours straight now because I'm bored and don't want to play online

And here's the gay little blog part that Crazy Mike wanted me to write about I guess:
We put in like $200 semiblind after our preflop betting (I had seen my hand, he hadn't seen his), then again the next hand under the same circumstances and I won again. He got mad that he was running bad so we flipped for like $100-600 a bunch of times when he was stuck. I won a ton of really tiny ones as he tried to martingale his way to winning the flips before he got felted and rebought and then he won a $600 and $300 one and I quit doing it because I was not winning much any more from the flips.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 AM

CAZ 60 game which I usually don't play. It's 2:30 am and the game is great. In this hand 'everybody' limps and I've got J-3o in the BB and get to see the flop of J-4-4. I have absolutely no interest whatsover in this pot but it gets checked around so I start to think that maaayyybe I've got some shot but the turn brings a King and I figure that that is that for sure but it gets checked around again! River a 7 and it gets checked to the CO (one of the worst players in the room but plenty rich enough to be that way apparently) who bets. Folded to me and I say 'OK, I'll fall for it' and I call. Folded to some guy who says 'Thanks for calling. Now I don't have to.' CO shows a 7 and MHIG. Then CO exclaims 'You had a Jack and didn't bet? How could you not bet?'

Anybody have a good answer for that? I came up with something really lame: 'I was too scared.'
Old 08-15-2007, 08:55 AM

"I TRAPPED YOU"

then laugh hysterically obv
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I TRAPPED YOU"

then laugh hysterically obv

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that's one. And it's better than mine.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Asians are so different @ Canterbury. I noticed this after going to Cali. They have fun at the table in MN, which loosens up the game and makes it less of a grind.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's mostly at the Commerce $20-40 that they are grumps(and everyone at the Bike). In fact, almost everyone at the Commerce $20-40 is a grump. Except the guys that are winning. Then they giddy, even if they are normally on perpetual po'ed mode. I think lots of the $20-40 players are playing more money than they can get realhandle playing...maybe even some because they want to play in the high limit section and get free food. Guys that buy in for $200-500 in that game just reinforce my opinion on that.

The azn players in the lower limits(9-18 and lower) are generally a pretty pleasant bunch, except some of the Koreans are pretty grouchy.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:13 AM

They're going to start calling you Crazy Howmany.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:21 AM

I start out in the 40-80 at Commerce with Sucker on my left. We both get must-moved to the 60-120, he's on my left again. The day before, with him on my left, I have pocket tens three times and hit a ten on the turn all three times. Today, I play 8-7 in the big blind when there's a raise and 23 callers and the flop comes 9-6-4 and guess what I catch on the turn?

A close friend comes in and he plays 20-40 so I move with him to the 20-40 to schmooze. One guy in the game keeps raising his big blind and he keeps folding. After he folds to the guy's preflop raise for the 83rd time, the guy complains, "I keep raising your blind and you keep folding." Tough break, huh?

Meanwhile my friend is beating up on a guy who is beating up on me. My friend and I start to talk about leaving and the guy says to my friend, "Please leave, you're killing me." He then turns to me, "But you, please stay. PLEASE."

The table, including me, has a good laugh. Next hand almost everyone plays and by the turn it's down to me and this guy, me having A-Q on an A-Q-x-y board. River is z and I bet and now the guy pauses and raises. WTF? I suppose he could have hit a set of z's on the river, so I just call. He grimaces and instamucks.

That'll learn him.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I start out in the 40-80 at Commerce with Sucker on my left. We both get must-moved to the 60-120, he's on my left again. The day before, with him on my left, I have pocket tens three times and hit a ten on the turn all three times. Today, I play 8-7 in the big blind when there's a raise and 23 callers and the flop comes 9-6-4 and guess what I catch on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

a 5. DUH.
Old 08-15-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
They're going to start calling you Crazy Howmany.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I didn't even want to post about the waste of a session since there weren't any interesting hands or anything, but Crazy Mike insisted. He then PMs me because he is too retarded to find the post even though it was one of the only two I made all day.

I also just got bored of playing Wii so now it's time to watch like 10 hours of the Simpsons.
Closed Thread