Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2007, 02:53 PM

Default Walking and reading, in public

Apparently today is there day where I post about crimes against humanity.

Busy sidewalk, guy is walking with his head down and reading. Moving very slow, unaware of what's around him.

This is pretty much enough reason to like run at the guy with a sword right? Or if not that, at least judge him as something of a [censored] face? There's a norm here, and dammit, he's violating it, with vigor.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: Walking and reading, in public

when i see this it upsets me very much, alone with those ppl that take up the whole sidewalk with there family or friends and so not move at all so when you walk by you have to walk on the grass becasue they are to big to just walk right through them
Old 02-07-2007, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently today is there day where I post about crimes against humanity.

Busy sidewalk, guy is walking with his head down and reading. Moving very slow, unaware of what's around him.

This is pretty much enough reason to like run at the guy with a sword right? Or if not that, at least judge him as something of a [censored] face? There's a norm here, and dammit, he's violating it, with vigor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering how few people read for leisure, this can't be that big a problem. I think that people talking on their cell phones and obliviously plowing into people because they can't focus on talking and walking at the same time is a much, much bigger problem.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:03 PM

how do you know hes not reading a letter that was just delivered to him by a courier, its a letter from our government telling him his son just died while serving this glorious country overseas. The man is in a daze and cant grasp this concept, his only son who he loves dearly was gagged and beaten then dragged behind a jeep for 20 miles. And you, you worthless piece of [censored], full of all the freedoms heros like his son provide you with, are busy berating him on a message board, sayin hes a horrible man for walking down the street while reading the letter. Shame on you Dids

You are scum, and I hope someday your son your dies and you have to read about it so that you know what this poor man felt like!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:05 PM

Alobar,

If that was the case, then I kinda was a dick when I said to the air "this is a bad idea, and by that I'm refereing to you, guy walking and reading".
Old 02-07-2007, 03:07 PM

It's definitely bad, but what really bothers me is people reading while driving in slow moving traffic.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:08 PM

I do this sometimes. Unless you're in downtown NYC, you don't really need to look up that often to avoid running into people.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:09 PM

I've always wished I could easily read while walking, but I'm bad at it, so I don't do it.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:10 PM

This is a funny thread. When I was learning poker (obsessed and reading/inhaling every single thing I could) I used to walk my dog around my neighborhood and read at the same time. It was good, because I used to go for long walks. Reading, excercising, and getting the dog out.

All good things, in the end I probably looked like a huge dork walking around with SSNL, but I didnt care and still don't. Those days of learning paid off big.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar,

If that was the case, then I kinda was a dick when I said to the air "this is a bad idea, and by that I'm refereing to you, guy walking and reading".

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt worry about it. Im sure he didnt even hear you, his mind was busy reeling from the horrible news he just received, and his thoughts were on how he was going to tell his beloved wife, who had to be hospitalized from severe depression after her baby boy went over to fight the war.