Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:49 AM

Default Re: Hand Reading Practice

his range 22+,ATs+,AJ+,KJs+,KQo+ and then a 5% of suited trash/big connectors.

your range 22-TT some SCs, AK/AQ once in a while, AJs, KQs. my range pretty similar but more reraising.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 AM

Hero (BTN): $54.19
UTG: $110.76

Pre-Flop: XX dealt to Hero (BTN)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $2.25</font>, CO folds, Hero calls $2.25, 2 folds

Flop: ($5.25) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $2</font>, Hero calls $2.

OK so here's the flop.

my reads as a recap:
Villain here is ~32/15/5 overall - however this session he's playing mcTAGish 22/17/5 and we are about 60 hands in. This guy is a winning regular.

I have noticed that Villain is tight from EP and his standard raise from most positions is 4BB+1.

Hero is playing standard TAG and villain might think I am a touch on the aggressive side.

same 3 questions as before:

i) whats he got? (range please not a 1 hand soul read - but the ranges ought to be a little tighter now)
ii) what have I got?
iii)what hands do you call with IP here?

I shall post the Turn later tonight - when I do I will reveal my own hand and ask 3 different questions.
<font color="white">hint:the 3 questions we ought to all ask every hand we play</font>
Old 11-12-2007, 08:45 AM

i) Every hand I had in his pre-flop range.

ii) Conceivably every hand I had in your pre-flop range except I doubt you have 99 or 44 and QTc and maybe not KQc,JTc and the like etc.. I suppose AJ, and clubs are more likely than everything else.

iii) Conceivably everything I had in my pre-flop range except 99,44,QTc,KQc,JTc and the like etc. However, this is dependent on how often he c-bets and also how often he'll fire the turn.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 AM

he has PP+AJo+ or so.
you range is mainly PP's below QQ perhaps AQo/s prob not many broadways IMO.

On the flop, your range is some kind of draw or KJ/AJ. Id expect you to raise a FD+OESD and sets here.

So your pretty weak, so is he tbh.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:55 AM

him AK,AQ,TT,33-88,22, whatever else he's missed with. sometimes blocking for a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] draw, which is usually gonna be overs+spade draw which i'd bet much stronger but he might not. possibly something strong trying to induce a raise every so often. pretty difficult to answer without a read on his cbet size.

you weak flush draws, weak pairs &lt;QJ probably, air to float sometimes.

me i raise this up with nearly any equity. maybe i'll call with A9 or something.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 AM

I disagree with a lot of people here.

I think his ridiculously small c-bet is looking to induce. Why else does a player with an agg. factor of 5 who c-bets a lot and presumably knows that his opponent is TAG c-bet an amount on a drawy flop that is LESS than his original pfr (bearing in mind his original pfr was large).

I think on this flop villain is looking to b-3b, expecting you to be raising such an absurdly small c-bet. I say he does this with sets and with combo draws/NFD.

Your range depends a ton on whether you have the same read as well, IMO.

Am I the only one who thinks this?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who thinks this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's definately possible. I didn't notice he raised 4.5bbs tbh, idk what that means, AK or JJ usually [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

His AF has got nothing to do with his betsizing though, and given his slightly fishy looking lifetime stats I'd be inclined to assume he isn't making some xpert weak-looking bet on us with a strong hand, especially on a wet flop.

but yeh, i'd say there's maybe a 5-10% chance of this?
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 AM

His weird bet means that he is "paying attention" or whatever to this hand - he isn't on autopilot. (You can't drag the slider to that amount). Which leads me to think he is "paying attention" with this flop bet as well. And its STUPIDLY small. He HAS to expect OP to be raising this bet all the time (OP even mentions that villain is a reg. and view OP as "a touch on the aggressive side"). To me, this suggests that a LOT of the time (like, more than half?), villain WANTS OP to be raising here.

Which means to me that something is going on in his head. Yeah, his agg. factor doesn't have to do with betsize, but it does mean that he is competent and presumably c-bets a lot. Matrix didn't specify, but it would really surprise me if villain c-bets this often. And it isn't exactly an "expert play" to bet small hoping for a raise from a villain who you view as overly aggressive - in fact, its really pretty basic, and someone (even if only over 1 session) playing 22/17 is definitely capable of figuring that out.

Love to hear others thoughts on this.

Todd
Old 11-12-2007, 11:11 AM

i agree with todd, if i have to put him on a range, i say:

AA,KK,QQ,AJs,JJ,44,99 hoping for a reraise or a light call with his small bet.

KJs, QJs, J10s, possible J9s not logical seeing his pre stats. for trying to find out where he is at, he should fold this vs a reraise i geuss.

AKclubs, AQclubs semi-bluffing a clubs draw should be a play like this.

unless you got a combo draw your not in a good shape vs this villain in this hand.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:26 AM

Preflop, he can have any thing a normal EP opener would if he's tight from EP. 22+, ATs+, AJo+, maybe random suited connectors to mix it up.

Your range is huuuge. 22+, ATs-AQs, 23s+, 46s+, maybe even 58s+.

On the flop his c-bet is really small so I think that can be any part of his range to be honest, strong or weak.

Your calling range is like 55+, any flush draw, T8s, QTs, AJs, and possibly sets.

That's my calling range of the flop anyways, just because it's so small and I can see what he does on the turn.

Once you get to the turn both yours and his hand will be more defined I believe.