Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Value Bet or Induce a Bluff ??

Hello,

On this table I had an aggresive style, playing something like 28/27 after 50 hands. I’d C-Bet a lot, and double barrel a lot too. On the turn, I had a flush draw + Gutshot Straight Draw. So I decide to double barrel, and he finally minraise me. It was an eazy call. But on the river, I finally get to my flush draw. My opponent is pretty loose while playing 42/12/1,5 after 40 hands. My question is what do you think to take the decision to bet this river for value or trying to induce a bluff by my opponent who shows strenght on the turn. Finally Should I shove or bet a small bet to force him to push what left from him who was 44$

Thx for your comments, it really help me !

-----------------------------------------------------------------

PokerUTD 0.50/1.00, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

Button ($328.86)
SB ($136.35)
BB (Hero) [ ($121.75)</font> (J T )
UTG ($102.60)
UTG+1 (Villain)($100.00)</font>[/b]

Preflop: , 1 fold, UTG+1 raises to 3.00, Button calls 3.00, 1 fold, BB calls 2.00.

Flop (9.50) K 2 4
BB bets 7.00, UTG+1 calls 7.00, 1 fold.

Turn (23.50) A
BB bets 18.00, UTG+1 raises to 46.00, BB calls 28.00.

River (115.50) 6
Old 10-22-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Value Bet or Induce a Bluff ??

I would fold preflop.

But as played, I would prefer to lead for full pot on the flop, and then CRAI on the turn if he bets, and if not you get your free card. (Note, I wouldn't advise this if the turn weren't as scary of a card as it was).

The way the hand really went down, just shove the river.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:30 PM

When you play this hand OOP of position- what types of outcomes go to SD? Flush and straight is about all this hand would be good for.

I don't like how you played the hand- especially if you have been very aggressive. People are (or should) start playing you light.

Donking the flop is questionable- good move if villain is weak tight - maybe get him to fold underpairs (if he believes mr aggressive has the king). I double barrel often against passive people (I think 1.5 is passive) when a potential scare card hits but his raise pushes you off your pot odds. I think I'd check/call small turn bet and hope to hit river.

But at river- I think you have to bet here- put him all in- that's only 1/3 of the pot. I feel checking is bad because I could see villain checking behind (with potential flush) to see how good his hand holds up.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold preflop. AGREE

But as played, I would prefer to lead for full pot on the flop, and then CRAI on the turn if he bets, and if not you get your free card. (Note, I wouldn't advise this if the turn weren't as scary of a card as it was).

Why CRAI on turn- think Villain is going to lay it down? If the Ace scared him he'd probably check behind (isn't 1.5 pretty passive). I think you're just pricing yourself out of the pot- since I don't see much fold equity here.

The way the hand really went down, just shove the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-22-2007, 07:08 PM

With another caller a pf call cant be that bad. Dont be afraid to play oop if the situation calls for it and you have the opportunity to make some cash. As far as the hand goes POSTflop.....I dont like leading out here, you can get blown off your hand here and really cant take alot of pressure. Once it gets to the turn I am probably going to c/r and then lead the river strong. The reason I c/r here is because the hand doesnt go down the way it does if I do. I make it 46 or whatever, not the other way around.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:42 PM

A 1.5 turn aggression is pretty average. But this is only over 40 hands, in no way shape or form can we take any stat over 40 hands and make a conclusive decision from it.

Players love to call on the flop with marginal hands and then try to push players off of their hand on the turn when a scare card falls.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:24 PM

First of all, I dont really agree to flop this hand preflop. I like to get into pot with suited connector against someone who has 45 vpip... putting only 2 more dollars is not like he had raise 4x preflop...

I know that donking the flop was'nt that good, but betting a King high flop, after the first raiser is not that good and the second is probably playing suited connector or pocket pairs because he had just called preflop.

If I still have action after the flop, i'm still in pretty good shape with my Flush Draw.

Am I wrong here ?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:35 PM

As far as the flop goes, you have good relative position on the pre-flop raiser - donking the flop throws that advantage away. I like a flop check, and then evaluate if it gets back to you based on the action of villain and the button (ie call if it goes bet-call, and c/r if goes bet-fold or check-bet).
Old 10-23-2007, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as the flop goes, you have good relative position on the pre-flop raiser - donking the flop throws that advantage away. I like a flop check, and then evaluate if it gets back to you based on the action of villain and the button (ie call if it goes bet-call, and c/r if goes bet-fold or check-bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting post.