Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:58 AM

Default Re: Book Announcements

You've discovered the truth. "Ed Miller" is Jamie Gold's nome de plume.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:03 PM

Good and evil, separated at birth?

The checks cash the same. Perhaps you guys could look up "ghostwriter"? Many of them get paid very well. Do you really think Charles Barkley misquoted himself in his autobiography?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good and evil, separated at birth?

The checks cash the same. Perhaps you guys could look up "ghostwriter"? Many of them get paid very well. Do you really think Charles Barkley misquoted himself in his autobiography?

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend was the ghostwriter for I Am Jackie Chan, a NY Times best seller. I can assure you he didn't make as much as David or Ed will (already did?) with their book. 2+2's royalties are possibly the best in the business, Mason gives away the house - you gotta love a guy who looks out for the author.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
My friend was the ghostwriter for I Am Jackie Chan, a NY Times best seller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disconcerting on soooo many levels.

If Mason is giving away houses, I don't need one, but a newer car wouldn't hurt. Would that put me in the ghostwriter category?
Old 09-03-2007, 12:17 PM

Mason said that Miller's main contribution was his writing skill. I don't believe that is accurate, based on conversations I had with Ed and others. But even if it is, it's a very important contribution because David writes poorly. It's no accident that the book that's been around the longest and is justly regarded as a classic is TOP: David partnered there with a professional writer.
Old 09-06-2007, 11:47 AM

2 Books of Harrington ! Damm ! Thats a [censored] good news!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Harrington on Cash Games: Volume I -- Feb. 1, 2008

Harrington on Cash Games: Volume II -- Feb. 1, 2008

(Both these books are planeed to be released at the same time.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mason,

First of all, I - like many others - am excited about the release of the new Harrington volumes.

I am curious as to why they are going to be released simultaneously. Having no education in the area of marketing, my instinct would be to release books such as these a few months apart, so as not to compete with each other. Just wondering the reasoning behind the double launch.

Best,
Rob
Old 09-15-2007, 10:47 PM

Hi Duck:

Both books will be delivered to Two Plus Two at the same time and because of expected demand for both titles we don't want to hold anything up. You may be correct that it would be better marketing to space the books out, but neither I nor the authors want to do that.

By the way, I just met with Dan and Bill a couple of days ago in California and they feel that Harrington on Cash Games will be the best books they have written.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 09-15-2007, 11:40 PM

Interesting to me that you don't want to "hold anything up" with the Harrington books yet you apparently mandated to Fromm and Zee to have Al Schoonmaker act in some type of editting capacity sure slowed that wonderful work down.

Al is virtually incompetent when it comes to poker strategy which he admits in his 2+2 bio. The writing in own books is pathetic. He absolutely has no business trying to contribute anything to 6 max book.

"I'm not a poker expert. I'm a psychologist who plays for moderate stakes and writes about poker psychology. I rarely give advice about playing specific cards because many people can do it better."
Old 09-16-2007, 03:40 AM

looking forward to Harrington's and Robertie's books but I cant help wonder how this is going to affect the writing and content of PNHL vol 2. I would have thought that a release of the second volume of PNLE would have been the better option.
I just hope that the authors of the excellent PNLH vol 1, continue where they left off with Vol 2, and not let Harrington's books influence what is included and excluded from vol 2.