Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 12:22 AM

Default Re: It\'s been a pleasure working with you all *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why not just change my title under my name to "PPA Board Member" and leave it at that, like you do for TruePoker CEO, Jay Cohen, and others? Also, if you make Skallagrim do this, what will be left of your Legislation forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me this is a reasonable approach

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I hate to lose the title you guys were kind enough to give me, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2007, 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why not just change my title under my name to "PPA Board Member" and leave it at that, like you do for TruePoker CEO, Jay Cohen, and others? Also, if you make Skallagrim do this, what will be left of your Legislation forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. I hate to lose the title you guys were kind enough to give me, of course. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's room for both...

or

LOC: PPA Board Member

TE needs to be allowed to post as an "individual" or we all suffer...Most of all the movement that the "individual" started and advanced suffers and in fact comes to a halt...
Old 11-10-2007, 12:38 AM

If Engineer and Skillgram are no longer allowed to post on 2p2 due to conflicts please let me know where you guys will be posting and I'll quit using 2p2 and use that other site. I think it would be a massive loss if 2p2 were to lose such valuable members as Engineer and Skillgram.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN BERGE!
Old 11-10-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Engineer and Skillgram are no longer allowed to post on 2p2 due to conflicts please let me know where you guys will be posting and I'll quit using 2p2 and use that other site. I think it would be a massive loss if 2p2 were to lose such valuable members as Engineer and Skillgram.

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN BERGE!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-10-2007, 01:39 AM

I sort of like:

Noted PPA Authority

Just an idea.
Old 11-10-2007, 01:53 AM

Hi Berge:

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to talk it over with Mat Sklansky, but I'm inclined to say no. The reason is that the PPA is not an organization we actively support. We have many issues with it even though our goals are the same, and it's my opinion that as these issues come out, they may begin to hurt the cause instead of helping it. (See the recent article in "Politico" that was linked to in another thread.)

So since our official stated position towards the PPA is neutral, for them to have free use of these boards, we want their board members and other important officials to identify themselves as such to all posters when they participate here. Notice there are no constraints as to what one of these people can post, and I'm not sure if changing the title under the name will be visible enough.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-10-2007, 01:54 AM

First of all, I have to say I am really humbled (if I am not being leveled [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ) to be included in the above posts along side TheEngineer. I can only say thanks for the kind words.

I say I am humbled because although I like to think my posts help advance the discussion and the cause, what I have done for the cause of legal poker pales in comparison to what TE has accomplished. This truly would be a much poorer forum without him, still so with just less of him.

As to the issue at hand, I can see both sides to a degree, and hope that the posts by Berge20 imply a compromise is soon to come. When I first saw this thread I asked myself the same thing: does that mean I gotta sign my posts too, or does this rule only apply to board members? Certainly I never thought any of my posts would ever have been interpreted as a PPA statement despite the fact I said I am a PPA local rep many times. I think TE has tried to be pretty careful to maintain the same sort of distinction between anything that came from the PPA officially and the vast majority of posts that were clearly his personal opinion or statement. If he has to sign everything "PPA Board Member" it will be much MORE difficult for him to maintain that distinction.

But I dont have a problem with TE's (or mine, for that matter) PPA affiliation being publicly displayed. To what ever extent this allows people to better evaluate what we say, I have no problem with that.

But one thing, this is the internet; no way am I posting my real name all over these boards, for all sorts of privacy and security reasons. If I have to do that, I too doubt that I would post here at all. I cant believe that was really a requirement, so I hope that was never really an issue.

Skallagrim
Old 11-10-2007, 02:00 AM

Something better be worked out. I for one will be [censored] if this seemingly petty issue causes us to lose any steam.

-Uglyowl
Accountant
PPA Paid Member
Father of one
Old 11-10-2007, 02:12 AM

A rep in a state if far different than a member of the board of directors. Legally, the board of directors have ultimate responsibility for the affairs of a non for profit entity. A rep in a state may, or may not, be an employee but would not have any responsibility for the affairs of the entity.
A director of a non for profit entity should know its sources of financing and how it uses its money. A director could have potential liability if the entity has some financial problem even if the director does not have actual knowledge of the problem. A rep has no such potential liability.
Thus, I can understand why Mason would demand that a board of director member sign his posts as agent of the PPA while a state rep would not have such a requirement. Of course, Bryan needs to sign his posts as an official of the PPA because he actually represents the PPA to this group.
TE, being on the board of directors of the PPA links you to it whether or not you intend such a link. Perhaps you should examine whether you really want to serve as a director or just a state rep for Kentucky. You should seek legal advise from a lawyer in Kentucky if you have not yet done so.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A rep in a state if far different than a member of the board of directors......

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, it's Mason's site. If that's what he wants, that's fine with me. No hard feelings at all.
Closed Thread