Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Couples with differing views on religion

[ QUOTE ]

WTF?? Personally speaking or the Christians you know? Cause i've never felt that nor has anyone in my family ever..LOL..probably the opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just listen to any Christian conservative base radio talk show, and don't say this is fringe because they pull in 10's of millions of listeners as a whole. But the attitude that Christian values are under attack by liberals and the courts, is very pervasive. They're trying to destroy Christmas, and any form of religion in the public schools, they're trying to force secularism via the courts on the public. This is all very common mantra, with the general feeling that evangelicals are under attack by the secular progressives.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's partially right, though. Many posts were riddled with douchbaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]
shrug, I don't see it as much. I think a lot of Christians consider any criticisms of Christanity persecution / douchebaggery. Certainly, I didn't see any atheists posting anything like "MAN, YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE, THOSE SELF-RIGHTEOUS CHRISTIANS. LOL GO PRAY AND TELL ME I'M GOING TO HELL OR SOMETHING! YOU'RE SO SAVED LOLZ!!!111ONEONEONE".

[/ QUOTE ]

No instead it's...LOLZ YOU BELIEVE IN LIES AND I'M SMARTER THAN YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, point that one out for me.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's partially right, though. Many posts were riddled with douchbaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]
shrug, I don't see it as much. I think a lot of Christians consider any criticisms of Christanity persecution / douchebaggery. Certainly, I didn't see any atheists posting anything like "MAN, YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE, THOSE SELF-RIGHTEOUS CHRISTIANS. LOL GO PRAY AND TELL ME I'M GOING TO HELL OR SOMETHING! YOU'RE SO SAVED LOLZ!!!111ONEONEONE".

[/ QUOTE ]

No instead it's...LOLZ YOU BELIEVE IN LIES AND I'M SMARTER THAN YOU.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay, point that one out for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
detrimental to teach your children to base their lives on a fundamental lie

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
That's convenient because I love people who get offended that they're dumber than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

and

[ QUOTE ]
Would it be acceptable to you to ridicule and not respect the beliefs of those who believe in the great invisible cheese monster who lives in the depths of the universe?

[/ QUOTE ]

The latter quote was from a post defending ridicule of religious people. If I am reading it correctly.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you care if your future wife wants your children to go to church? Religious beliefs aside, how could having your children be church-goers for the early part of their lives and then allowing them to make a choice when they're capable of doing so have any detrimental effects on them?

[/ QUOTE ]
How could it be anything but detrimental to teach your children to base their lives on a fundamental lie.....

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think too many aethiest parents in these relationships have this rational (for the most part) fear that their kids are going to be brainwashed or something.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 06:24 PM

The fact that you guys are equating my posts in this thread with POKEROMGLOL's pretty much proves my point that

[ QUOTE ]
a lot of Christians consider any criticisms of Christanity persecution

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-26-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Christians act like they are actually persecuted, as if they get less respect every day by the average person than atheists do. It's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. It's still taboo in much of this country to say you're an atheist, can you imagine the reaction if one of the top presidential candidates said he was an atheist? lol, he likely would have to withdraw his/her candidacy the next day, do to public outcry. Would probably get a similar level of outrage by many as if it was found that the candidate was a pederast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Polling shows that people would sooner vote for someone who is gay, Jewish, Muslim - anything you could think of. And Christians have the balls to say they're persecuted.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you guys are equating my posts in this thread with POKEROMGLOL's pretty much proves my point that

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, did you or did you not say "raising your kids to believe in a fundamental lie"? I'm pretty sure I pointed that one out.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused, did you or did you not say "raising your kids to believe in a fundamental lie"? I'm pretty sure I pointed that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's what I said. Do you want to come up with a reasoned response, as I have repeatedly, or do you want to immediately label all criticisms as "LOLZ CHRISTIANS R DUM" and prove my point?
Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that's what I said. Do you want to come up with a reasoned response, as I have repeatedly, or do you want to immediately label all criticisms as "LOLZ CHRISTIANS R DUM" and prove my point?

[/ QUOTE ]

The point was that your posts came off somewhat douchey. I don't even consider myself a devout Catholic, so I could give a crap about criticisms of the faith. But, I open up this thread to read what others have to say, because I find myself in a similar situation. Five posts or so in, you interject your opinion on Christianity being a fundamental lie. It added nothing to the discussion regarding the OP and was douchey...period.