Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Couples with differing views on religion

[ QUOTE ]
Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, Brahe, Descartes, Newton, Leibniz, Gassendi, Pascal, Mersenne, Cuvier, Harvey, Dalton, Faraday, Herschel, Joule, Lyell, Lavoisier, Priestley, Kelvin, Ohm, Ampere, Steno, Pasteur, Maxwell, Planck, Mendel, Lemaitre

small list of googled people who are smarter than you who were devout christians.

i don't give a crap enough to write out some 28 page long diatribe about the existence/non existence of god. I'm not looking to change your mind or argue any point except for the fact a lot of atheists come off as tremendous douchebags in this thread and many others relating to the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure most of these people also thought the earth was flat and that the universe revolved around it.

OP, i'm in the exact same boat as you, I live with a "Catholic" who never goes to church but doesn't want her children to not be raised in church or something. I'm comfortable letting my offspring experience church, because, I did as a child, I just grew up and made my own decisions later in life.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's partially right, though. Many posts were riddled with douchbaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]
shrug, I don't see it as much. I think a lot of Christians consider any criticisms of Christanity persecution / douchebaggery. Certainly, I didn't see any atheists posting anything like "MAN, YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE, THOSE SELF-RIGHTEOUS CHRISTIANS. LOL GO PRAY AND TELL ME I'M GOING TO HELL OR SOMETHING! YOU'RE SO SAVED LOLZ!!!111ONEONEONE".
Old 10-26-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Copernicus, Kepler, Galileo, Brahe, Descartes, Newton, Leibniz, Gassendi, Pascal, Mersenne, Cuvier, Harvey, Dalton, Faraday, Herschel, Joule, Lyell, Lavoisier, Priestley, Kelvin, Ohm, Ampere, Steno, Pasteur, Maxwell, Planck, Mendel, Lemaitre

small list of googled people who are smarter than you who were devout christians.

i don't give a crap enough to write out some 28 page long diatribe about the existence/non existence of god. I'm not looking to change your mind or argue any point except for the fact a lot of atheists come off as tremendous douchebags in this thread and many others relating to the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just want to point out that you listed Copernicus first, who was a man of great intelligence that was stifled by the church holding him back. I don't want to go through the other guys, but I am sure a lot of them felt the pressure of the church on their back when they were trying to maximize their potential. That's what happens when you make yourself subservient to a man made church.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to point out that you listed Copernicus first, who was a man of great intelligence that was stifled by the church holding him back. I don't want to go through the other guys, but I am sure a lot of them felt the pressure of the church on their back when they were trying to maximize their potential. That's what happens when you make yourself subservient to at. man made church.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, i'm not trying to argue the value of "the church" or anything like that. I'm not even saying they are right to believe in god. What I am saying is that those people were most likely smarter than everyone in this thread and they believed in god, which refutes the *uppity* atheist argument that anyone who believes in god is just a brainwashed idiot who worships an invisible man in the sky.

[ QUOTE ]
shrug, I don't see it as much. I think a lot of Christians consider any criticisms of Christanity persecution / douchebaggery.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of christians do think this for sure. But what you and others are doing is calling anyone who believes in god an idiot, which is simply not true. your criticism of christianity sounds like a republican's criticism of gay people despite the fact you should have a much better argument than the gay bashing republican.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
shrug, I don't see it as much. I think a lot of Christians consider any criticisms of Christanity persecution / douchebaggery. Certainly, I didn't see any atheists posting anything like "MAN, YOU KNOW WHAT I LOVE, THOSE SELF-RIGHTEOUS CHRISTIANS. LOL GO PRAY AND TELL ME I'M GOING TO HELL OR SOMETHING! YOU'RE SO SAVED LOLZ!!!111ONEONEONE".

[/ QUOTE ]

No instead it's...LOLZ YOU BELIEVE IN LIES AND I'M SMARTER THAN YOU.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:28 PM

just for the record, I think people can believe however they want to. My thoughts on this thread were limited to problems that arise when parents with different ideologies raise children.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:30 PM

There is only one way to find out what would happen if you two tried to raise kids....

....computer simulation.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christians act like they are actually persecuted, as if they get less respect every day by the average person than atheists do. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christians act like they are actually persecuted, as if they get less respect every day by the average person than atheists do. It's ridiculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF?? Personally speaking or the Christians you know? Cause i've never felt that nor has anyone in my family ever..LOL..probably the opposite.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. It's still taboo in much of this country to say you're an atheist, can you imagine the reaction if one of the top presidential candidates said he was an atheist? lol, he likely would have to withdraw his/her candidacy the next day, do to public outcry. Would probably get a similar level of outrage by many as if it was found that the candidate was a pederast.