Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: New attitude at Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Since a lot of us do play poker for a living this applies.

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not including myself, but it's cute how childish you come off when some of your absurd comments are confronted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good to know that "us" doesn't include the speaker/writer.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not including myself, but it's cute how childish you come off when some of your absurd comments are confronted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh.......
Old 05-31-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No Gabbbbyyyy, your one of the most notoriously bad and trollish posters at 2+2 who has been banned before (not by me). If you think the mods here don't have their eyes on you and what your posting right now your insane. I'll be sure to call you out on your BS every time if its not a bannable action [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No Gabbbbyyyy, your one of the most notoriously bad and trollish posters at 2+2 who has been banned before (not by me). If you think the mods here don't have their eyes on you and what your posting right now your insane. I'll be sure to call you out on your BS every time if its not a bannable action [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell does this have anything to do with the topic at hand?

P.S: It's nice to know that you are trying to make my posting experience a plesant one.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell does this have anything to do with the topic at hand?

P.S: It's nice to know that you are trying to make my posting experience a plesant one.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you don't want to be thought of an idiot, don't post things that are idiotic.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's not much of an excuse. Bigger rooms than Bell seem to be run with a lot more courtesy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather play in a room with the best games and options available with a slightly rude floor, then a room that doesn't have the best games/options available with a floor staff that is nice as can be. Pick and choose your battles gentlemen, the quality of the game is far more important than a staff that makes nice nice. Of course I agree that the nice nice staff would help make better games theoretically, but explain that to the V who has the nicest staff but can't get their thumbs out of their buts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think your reasoning is flawed. That is like saying you would not mind working with complete a$$holes as long as you made a few extra bucks.

For me I'd rather be in a friendly environment, and sacrifice a few bones. Since a lot of us do play poker for a living this applies.

[/ QUOTE ]

When you play poker you aren't working with the floor/staff, you just interact with them occassionally. It's more like refusing a job because the janitor is a prick.

And for god sakes a rude floorperson is nothing compared to the [censored] people who play for a living tolerate at the table. Move up and you'll find its all rather inconsequential compared to the abuse you'll receive at the tables.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My god, I'm getting sick of this. Who the [censored] cares how nice the floor is. It's the best action in town. Deal with it. It's like some of you want your [censored] hands held and to get a hug when you walk in the door.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My god, I'm getting sick of this. Who the [censored] cares how nice the floor is. It's the best action in town. Deal with it. It's like some of you want your [censored] hands held and to get a hug when you walk in the door.

[/ QUOTE ]

NS - you fell into Gabbbbyyyy's trap. He is a known troll who has been banned a few times, and only posts things that are controversial or will cause a commotion. Don't take it seriously. For what its worth, he was banned once again earlier today.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

link - give me a break.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What I am having a hard time understanding is this: why do some people seem to consider efficiency and courtesy to be mutually exclusive?

There is a saying that it costs nothing to be polite when you must kill a man. So what does it cost to be polite when you must seat a man?

When I was dealing poker, or working in supervisory capacity running tournaments, there was no reason not to be polite as well as efficient. I think politeness actually helps your efficiency when under time pressure, since people prefer to be addressed courteously and with respect. When customers like your tone, they are more likely to like you, and therefore more likely to willingly do what you say. You can be authoritative and even brisk while still being polite and saying "sir" and "thank you" with a smile.

I agree that playing at the place with the better games and better action is probably the best choice for most serious poker players, but what I don't see is why there has to be a trade-off at all. Politeness does not impede but rather aids your efficiency, whether you are dealing or working on the floor. Of course, that's different than just standing there idly gabbing away.

Attentive + Polite + Efficient = three attributes that go well together, and each attribute helps the rest of the package.

Does anyone disagree with this or does it make sense?
Old 05-31-2007, 05:44 PM

You are right--DEAL WITH IT

It is just like going to the BEST STEAK HOUSE NI TOWN.
No one else is even close.
Even if the waiter spills red wine on your wife. Drops the bread on the floor and put it back on your table DEAL WITH IT. IT IS THE BEST STEAK IN TOWN.
I like being treat like CRAP.