Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Brandi: Why does she bother?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think in all honesty Brandi has no core stsbility in life. She seeks validation from other people. I don't think she'll ever marry and stay with that one person for a lifetime (not that most people do). She also appears to be a pathological liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really ridiculous. It's possible she doesn't have much stability. How would I know. Do you know? Maybe she's had a rough childhood and has had to figure out how to survive all on her own with little help. But none of us knows what the future will bring. I hate when people make sweeping statements about someone they don't know. How you can say she'll never marry or stay with that one person for a lifetime is mean. Maybe you didn't intend it to sound mean but I think it was way too harsh. And I don't see her as a pathological liar. Now maybe you have information that I don't have, but from what I read in the Brandi threads I just don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe "too harsh" is an apt description of everything concerning brandi.

It was so frustrating when the brandi drama hit full throttle because the majority of posters didn't seem to grasp that you could condemn her actions against newhizzle while still saying it was a far cry from 'sociopathic' and especially 'evil'.

If they were simply playing fast and loose with the hyperbole then that is also absurd because you can't have a serious discussion with such rampant hyperbole abound.

And if serious, maybe i'm just jealous, because to use the adjective 'evil' to describe it, especially when a large fraction if not the majority was based on anecdotal hearsay, indicates having lived a somewhat charmed life with no exposure to severely mentally ill/evil people.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Katy you come across as possibly the most friendly person on 2+2, but I really think that your desire to defend a young "innocent" is perhaps clouding your view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Katy told me that Attila the Hun was a misunderstood humanitarian and she wished he would post more in TLDR. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-17-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Btw thanks for the contextual quote, you managed to take the one complimentary sentence out of that diagnosis, while completely ignoring the rest.

I'm not into forum wars, I'll concede. Katy you come across as possibly the most friendly person on 2+2, but I really think that your desire to defend a young "innocent" is perhaps clouding your view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Runkmud,

Last night I got to thinking about how my OP was all muddled and what I had hoped to discuss in this thread. The fact is, your link on Histrionic Personality Disorder was a fine and valid post in response to my OP. Why I didn't get it at first, I don't know. I was an idiot. I want to apologize for offending you.

For a couple years now I've wondered why girls on these different forums put themselves in the crosshairs. Not just Brandi, but some of the other girls in the past (OOT for example).For example, when it came to Elainemonster I got the impression that she just really enjoyed arguing with people. It seemed like it was sport. But with Brandi, I never got the impression she was doing it for sport and while she seems a little dramatic and lacks a good deal of judgment, i never get the impression that she has any kind of sociopathic tendency. I get the impression she is trying to set the record straight. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I guess I think of her like a character in a story. She did some stuff that was stupid and poorly thought out. She now has regrets. Can she change her reputation if she truly wants to? I think of everyone on here as a character in a story and I wonder how their life will turn out.

Anyway, the bottom line is I realize that your post, Runkmud, was an honest attempt to answer my OP. You feel Brandi responds to attacks because it's your belief she has a histrionic personality while you clearly state that she's not evil. Fair enough and again I apologize for my stupid response. Sometimes I need a smack on the head.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can she change her reputation if she truly wants to?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Not in the poker world. Impressions of Brandi will always be that she's a lying, scheming, psycho tart.

She might want to go build a new reputation in another community like bridge or something; then she can try to get Bill Gates or Warren Buffet to stake her!
Old 06-17-2007, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think in all honesty Brandi has no core stsbility in life. She seeks validation from other people. I don't think she'll ever marry and stay with that one person for a lifetime (not that most people do). She also appears to be a pathological liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really ridiculous. It's possible she doesn't have much stability. How would I know. Do you know? Maybe she's had a rough childhood and has had to figure out how to survive all on her own with little help. But none of us knows what the future will bring. I hate when people make sweeping statements about someone they don't know. How you can say she'll never marry or stay with that one person for a lifetime is mean. Maybe you didn't intend it to sound mean but I think it was way too harsh. And I don't see her as a pathological liar. Now maybe you have information that I don't have, but from what I read in the Brandi threads I just don't see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe "too harsh" is an apt description of everything concerning brandi.

It was so frustrating when the brandi drama hit full throttle because the majority of posters didn't seem to grasp that you could condemn her actions against newhizzle while still saying it was a far cry from 'sociopathic' and especially 'evil'.

If they were simply playing fast and loose with the hyperbole then that is also absurd because you can't have a serious discussion with such rampant hyperbole abound.

And if serious, maybe i'm just jealous, because to use the adjective 'evil' to describe it, especially when a large fraction if not the majority was based on anecdotal hearsay, indicates having lived a somewhat charmed life with no exposure to severely mentally ill/evil people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evil is often described in terms of quantity, as if some mysterious, infinitely arguable trigger point of accumulation had to be reached before one could call something what it was. I don't really like that way of thinking or believe it works. I think it's more a matter of the quality of what one does. The guiding impulse is what matters. I'm not saying anything about Brandi, but just noting that the utility of popular notions of evil often leaves a lot to be desired, and people may well be arguing whether she's evil or not from very different notions of what evil is.
Old 06-17-2007, 01:40 PM

Also i think most of the people on nvg dont mean half the stuff they say. They are like a bunch of kids just looking for approval. The photoshop threads are a prime example.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:43 PM

No apologies necessary Katy. I realize that it's in your good nature to try to defend her, I felt that way at first as well. The trainwreck just kept gaining steam and she was steering madly at the helm. Best of luck to her in future endeavors, and I hope she learns from her mistakes.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering why Brandi bothers responding to people on these forums. Some people are just ridiculously mean. Is it because she thinks she can change their opinion of her? From a man's perspective, can she talk her way out of this strange mess? I haven’t read all the threads but I’ve read enough to wonder what her motivation is. If people were calling me names and accusing me of things, I'd be upset. I’m pretty sure I’d just quietly leave. I guess what I'm asking is why girls put themselves out there to be attacked, then keep coming back for more.

I understand there have been accusations made but why would strangers on a message board get so vitriolic towards a girl they don't even know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple.

Water seeks its own level. Unfortunately, it's at the level of sludge.

b
Old 06-18-2007, 12:04 AM

katy

crazy needs no motivation.

The reality is she has a big self esteem issue with wanting to be liked by everyone I think thats obvious.

Also

[ QUOTE ]
why would strangers on a message board get so vitriolic towards a girl they don't even know?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh...
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 AM

Guys the simple answer is that Brandi is at least a little bit crazy and doesn't act rationally.

[ QUOTE ]
I understand there have been accusations made but why would strangers on a message board get so vitriolic towards a girl they don't even know?

[/ QUOTE ]

because Brandi is a liar, nuts, and she scammed one of us out of a lot of money