Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2005, 02:28 PM

Default Variance simulation followup

Inspired by AgentSp's original post, i continued to improve my SnG variance simulator.

It spits out a lot of stats now, and it has built-in functionality for graphs, including export to Excel summarization of bankroll.

For stats such as OOTM, ITM and Largest downswing to become interesting, set the block size to 1. By setting the block size to 1, you effectively simulate a theoretical SnG gamers bankroll progress.

By increasing the block size you can analyze the sum of days, weeks, months and so on.

If you want to know the theoretical number of loosing weeks for an SnG player playing 50 SnG's a week, set the block size to 50 and number of iterations as you like. This will skew your ITM rate as this will now be the amount of positive result blocks.

The biggest loss/win/average is based per block.

Loosing/winning/breakeven blocks is based on the break even threshold. This way you can define what a break even block is for you.

By increasing the block size OOTM/ITM streaks also change to block based, meaning an OOTM streak of 2, with block size 50, will mean that you had to negative weeks in a row.

Please tell me if it's usable, what you like, what you don't like, and what you miss [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

You can download the app from here: www.improve.dk/sngcalc.rar.

My usual disclamer goes for this app too, if you fear keyloggers, adware, spyware and the likes, and you can't take my word for good, please don't use this software. I can guarantee that it's clean, no more, no less.

Please note that it requires WinRar to unpack. It does not need to be installed, it does however require the .NET Framework.

/Orca