Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2007, 06:38 PM

Default Re: What\'d You Shoot Today? (Golf BBV Thread)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Before anyone calls BS on my 330 5 wood it was downhill and downwind, and this thing exploded off the club face.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know much about physics of golf and stuff, but this implies to me that there is a very good chance your driver off the tee would have gone over the green. Not guaranteed but quite possible, no?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well given the wind factor I think a driver and a 5 wood would probably go close to the same distance since a 5 wood can really get up in the air and take advantage of the wind. But you're right, if I smoked a drive I probably could have came close to the green.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:19 PM

83 on Boundary Oak in Walnut Creek with Four 3 putts, and more than a couple missed up/downs.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:20 PM

81 - best so far this year. (6300 y, par 71)

I've been working big time on my short game in order to get back to a scoring mentality. I had 27 putts today, and 16 chips (shots around the green.)

I'm hitting the ball well, but only hit five fairways and four greens. My short game seems to be coming around as I got up and down 5 times on the back nine.

If it weren't for two 7's, one because of a pulled ball out of bounds, and one for shoddy short game work, I would have had a decent round.

Back to the putting green tomorrow, and I'll be playing again on Saturday!

- Jay
Old 05-02-2007, 09:24 PM

Oh ya, course jupiterpig and I played was 73.0 rating, 131 slope, 6900 yards.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:44 PM

shot a 49 today in league(par 35) and I had a birdie. haha, and I'm a 12 handicap. my 2nd nine of the year, rough start
Old 05-04-2007, 12:32 AM

Golf forum, awesome.

Today I played at Buena Golf (that may not be its name, I don't know) in Ventura California. It's a par 70 course. I shot 100, with a par on a the 2 handicap hole, 398 yards.

My driver today was insane. I usually use a 3 wood to drive, cause I can keep it straight on track, and still about 200 yards. Well, I was consistenly hitting 220 with it today, so on the final 5 holes I used the 1 when appropriate. Wow! Instead of huge pop fly shots, I was hitting line drive shots that were absolutely straight. And I was going about 250 yards I would guess.

Of course, my low irons are pretty horrible, I avoid 3 and 4-6 are unreliable for me. That is the next part of my game I really need to work on. Putt decent.

Front 9 - all bogeys or double bogeys along with an 8 on a par 4. I think some iron shots that went ~20 yards screwed that one up.

Back 9 - Single and double bogey;s along with a par and triple. My par hole had a chance for birdie, but I missed a 7 foot putt.

Golf is awesome! 25 bucks for 5 hours of entertainment.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:52 PM

45-38 = 83

It was my third round of the year. Helped me remember how important it is for me to warm up before I play.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 AM

Finally played a decent round. Shot 72 from the blue tees at Nags Head Golf Links (where I work). 2 birdies, a bogey and a double. Rating/slope is 69.4/128.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:37 PM

78 today, best round of the year so far (12 handicap, trending down). Should have been even better - I didn't get up and down once and three putted a hole from 8 feet. Good thing I hit a lot of greens.

I also would have liked to have made my 5 foot birdie putt on #1 - it would have meant a birdie-birdie-birdie start for only the second time in my life.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:16 PM

I played Valle de Sol in Costa Rica today, and went out to the first tee cold and made a quadruple on the first hole. I followed that with two doubles, and then was +11 on the final 15 holes for a 91.

I have an upcoming prop bet with a coworker about what I can score hitting no club all day other than my five wood (he suggested 140), the club I hit best. From hole 4 onwards, I hit my five wood for about 80% of all my non putting shots.