Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2007, 05:27 AM

Default Playing overcards on the flop

A debate I have with myself on playing overcards on the flop for TP outs. The table was relatively loose with a few donks and a few tighter players. I had very little reads on this specifci villain. Stats after 19 hands (not much) are 53/21/1.17 which seem to imply a loose player. I got the impression his starting hand requirements were low from what I could see.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

At this point I was raising to try and push out any flush draws. I was putting the BB on a pairing wither the 9 or J and figured if I was HU against him then all my TP outs were full outs and good to win. The fact I had 2 calls was not my plan.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks.

Should I have raised at this spot? I checked for the free card to try and pair on the river.

River: (6.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

The River is my biggest dilema. Having put the BB on a pair was is still worth the call with A high on the chance he was rasing with zip?