Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Congressional Ineptitude...yet again

I feel Congress is so bogged down by partisanship that it now is detrimental to millions of Americans on a daily basis. I can't wait for the 2008 election. Hopefully by then the Dems. will have found a single candidate that they can unify behind.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/18/wa...nd.html?ref=us

Cliff's notes: The House narrowly failed to override the President's veto of a bill to expand the State Childrens Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
Old 10-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Congressional Ineptitude...yet again

For those of you who mocked my support of the current Congress, this is one of the reasons why I like them. This bill would have meant an important improvement in health care for millions of children. Majority Leader Reid has indicated that Congress will pass a similar bill in the future and I hope they do. It's important legislation and good politics to boot.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel Congress is so bogged down by partisanship that it now is detrimental to millions of Americans on a daily basis. I can't wait for the 2008 election. Hopefully by then the Dems. will have found a single candidate that they can unify behind.

[i]Cliff's notes: The House narrowly failed to override the President's veto of a bill to expand the State Childrens Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).

[/ QUOTE ]

what would make you think that a cooperative non partisan congress would be beneficial to anyone?
Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM

Hmm, yeah, partisanship sucks. We should have one party, with a big majority in both chambers of Congress. No more bickering, just one party in charge. I mean look how great the country has been with Bush and the Republicans from 2000 to 2006 . . . oh wait.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, yeah, partisanship sucks. We should have one party, with a big majority in both chambers of Congress. No more bickering, just one party in charge. I mean look how great the country has been with Bush and the Republicans from 2000 to 2006 . . . oh wait.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong party ldo
Old 10-18-2007, 09:04 PM

The problem with Congress isn't partisanship, it's bipartisanship.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cliff's notes: The House narrowly failed to override the President's veto of a bill to expand the State Childrens Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay Gridlock. The best years of the Bush Administration are these 2. The best years of the Clinton Administration were 94-00.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with Congress isn't partisanship, it's bipartisanship.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty, what I meant of course. IMO,it has gotten to the point where it's a cut off nose to spite face situation.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay Gridlock. The best years of the Bush Administration are these 2. The best years of the Clinton Administration were 94-00.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner, as a Libertarian, my favorite election results is one party in the White House and another winning Congress, but not enough to override a veto (assuming the Dems can grow a spine).

Cody
Old 10-18-2007, 10:22 PM

Some folks over at Redstate seem to get it. This is what Nancy wanted. A Veto is likely the best case scenario, or at worst 2nd best, depending on how good the press would have been if they got it passed. Now Democrats have major ammo to add seats next year beyond what they already had and Republicans are feeling somewhat cocky again after this and coming within 6% of Tsongas.