xMEDIUMx: Raise ($0.40)

GaryRoller: Fold
kempner: Fold

RumbleCL: Raise ($1.20)
g27x: Fold

xMEDIUMx: Call ($0.80)
** Dealing Flop **
Community cards: [4d, Ah, Tc]
RumbleCL: Check ($0) Flop line check pls? My thinking here was I fold worst hand.
xMEDIUMx: Check ($0)
** Dealing Turn **
Community cards: [3h]
RumbleCL: Bet ($1.75) turn bet is standard and I will
4bet shove if he reraises.

xMEDIUMx: Call ($1.75)
** Dealing River **
Community cards: [Qd]
RumbleCL: Check ($0) what a [censored] river so my plan was to bet here unless a scarecard comesoff.

I check a [censored] scare card plannin to snap call pot size bet.

xMEDIUMx: Bet ($4.93)
RumbleCL: Call ($4.93)
** End Round **
** Evaluate **

** Showdown **
Main pot $15.11, Rake $0.75

<font color="white"> Summary RumbleCL: bet $7.93, won $0, net $-7.93, HoleCards [Ad, Kh]
Summary xMEDIUMx: bet $7.88, won $15.11, net $7.23, HoleCards [As, Qh], HiHand [two pairs, aces and queens] [As, Ah, Qh, Qd, Tc], won $15.11 from main pot </font>
Old 09-18-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: AKo line check against tag

me like like colored symbols, if not : not answer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me like like colored symbols, if not : not answer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

wpex is not supported
Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 PM

I think you should consider leading the flop, although I understand your reasoning for checking.

You also mentioned you two 3 betting each other light and if you're expecting your opponent to fold here without AA, TT, 44, AK or AQ, I'd actually be even more in favor of leading the flop. If you can 3bet him often and simply pressure him out on most flops, I'd imagine that to be more value than you can get from a single hand. Of course you have to keep something like an image up, if you want to be able to do this, and it would be helpful to bet with your made hands. Look at it with the following in mind:

If your hand is better, you're going to win, no matter what you do.
If your hand is worse, you have to bet to win, since you'll lose once you get to the showdown.

So even if you fold out his worse hand here, remember that your hand could be 88 in exactly the same scenario. If you already vary your play and this is simply one of the hands you decided to play a bit slower, forget about that.

If he indeed is that afraid of the ace that he'd fold without second thought to a bet on the flop, even though your 3 betting range is much wider than AQ+, I'd expect your play to work once or twice, then he's knows you're delaying your value bets here and won't give you too much money, anyway, no matter if you bet or check the flop.

Another problem here is that he understands 3 betting light and he understands that you do, too, so he probably calls your 3 bets lighter, too, and I'd imagine to see a few speculative hands in his range. If this is the case I think leading out on the flop is important, because otherwise he can chose to take the free card and you experienced what that got you into on the river. The turn wasn't necessarily safe in itself, if your opponent called with Th9h for example, you're still favorite to win but he gained quite some ground on the turn. Now let's say he has Th9h and decides to raise your turn bet to $7. Suddenly the hand has become a lot more complicated, because you underrepped your hand and didn't "test" his. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if you know you have the best hand, but from your read on your opponent I don't think you can be sure about it, especially not on a flop that looks as safe as this one. But now a raise on the turn could be jacks that think to be good. Or threes that know they are good.

I know, your opponent doesn't raise the turn and this is not the question, but let's apply that concept to the river, the problem (you don't know what he has and don't know where you're at) is similar and I think it could be avoided by leading the flop.

I think the biggest problem is the fact that your opponent has complete control over the river action. Not only don't you know where you're at, you also have to call the river bet. You checked the flop after showing strength pre, made a bet on the turn and then checked the river. This looks a bit like an unsuccessful stab at the pot after your opponent's check on the flop and probably induces bets from a bunch of worse hands, so you don't have much choice but to call the river here. This isn't so bad in case you actually won the hand, but the situation is difficult to handle and you can avoid much of the guesswork by keeping your momentum on the flop.

So my vote goes to ...
Preflop: 3bet
Flop: bet
Turn: whatever (this might be my mistake, but I don't see that much difference between checking and betting)
River: as played, call
Old 09-18-2007, 08:20 PM

Lead turn. Its hands like AQ that you must get value from on these flops with AK.

As played bet a little more on turn, then folding river with some sort of read, but its marginal.