Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Chances this plan works? (Both professors let me make up the exams)
100% 12 4.27%
90% 32 11.39%
80% 47 16.73%
70% 48 17.08%
60% 30 10.68%
50% 40 14.23%
40% 14 4.98%
30% 21 7.47%
20% 13 4.63%
10% or less 24 8.54%
Voters: 281. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2007, 09:12 PM

Default Re: Guitar Hero III

[ QUOTE ]

3).Whyd they choose to make the SP phases so much longer in this game? they're like twice as long number of notes wise as #2

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent noticed this myself but if you notice a lot of difference in charting style, its because a new staff is doing the notework since Neversoft made this game and Harmonix did the last three.

[ QUOTE ]

4).One thing that's really bothering me is how in certain solos they'll just kind of sneak in strum notes after a long line of white-tops. It seriously puts me on tilt, how they feel the need to randomly toss in these strum notes

[/ QUOTE ]

They put these in to try and better represent how you would play the song on a real guitar. I have mixed feelings about it. It feels better in some songs but in others it's just annoying, particularly the Paranoid solo and Black Magic Woman. The difference in the notes themselves are in the engine. Neversoft built the GH3 engine from the ground up and now note trackers can just program which notes they want to be HOPO and which they want to be strums where as in GH2 the HOPOs were determined by a timing window which was a hair less than an 8th note.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:14 PM

For your Wii Friend code, go online in the game, and click on Show Friend Roster. Your code will be in the top left of the screen.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:25 PM

what are the notes that have little white lights on the top of them? are they any different?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are the notes that have little white lights on the top of them? are they any different?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, those are the notes you can play with hammer ons and pull-offs (see the discussion above). Basically, you can play those notes by just pressing the fret button -- you don't have to strum them.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, those are the notes you can play with hammer ons and pull-offs (see the discussion above). Basically, you can play those notes by just pressing the fret button -- you don't have to strum them.

[/ QUOTE ]
ah, k thanks. just played a song with them and while i can hit those notes fine, i forget to strum for the note after that...
Old 10-30-2007, 11:07 PM

I'm so frustrated right now. -1 on My Name is Jonas and I can FC Cliffs of Dover except that I always miss one or two notes in the two OBOYOROGOROYOBO sections. Gah!
Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neversoft built the GH3 engine from the ground up and now note trackers can just program which notes they want to be HOPO and which they want to be strums where as in GH2 the HOPOs were determined by a timing window which was a hair less than an 8th note.

[/ QUOTE ]

What about the opening of Free Bird in GHII...isn't there a bunch of HO/POs that are super far apart timing wise.

Also...I gather from some other posts that you were invited to the studio and seemed to do some testing with this game...did you ever post a trip report or anything?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:08 AM

Who beat through the fire and flames on expert? Second try here

sorry had to brag
Old 10-31-2007, 12:13 AM

what is the song that they are playing in the commercial?
Old 10-31-2007, 12:26 AM

I'm here to say that how Neversoft did the whole Battle Mode is completely idiotic, especially Lou on Expert. I really wish Harmonix did this game. I like it a lot and all, it's a ton of fun, but I think Harmonix did a much better job on 1 and 2