Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: I donkify KK in ginormous pot

I think a raise might protect your hand against someone holding a lone ace, and thats why I would have been inclined to do it. Once I got check/3-bet (if that happened), I'd have called all bets on the flop and seen what the turn brought.

If I'm counting this up correctly, there are around 30 small bets in the pot and it's two more to you to call. You don't quite have odds to call for just the 2 kings, but the running spades help so I can't see possibly folding. Making it 4 bets seems bad as well, so I'd just call.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:00 PM

You mentioned something there that might be useful: Having a Plan. Maybe try and think of a plan when you decide on a particluar action to take. Obv sometimes it is hard to always do it but something like: "If I am bet into on the flop I am going to call a bet and reevalute in the turn, or if I am bet into on the flop I am going to raise and call a 3 bet" etc.. Having a game plan is a good thing. Sometimes you are thrown a curve but having a plan does help me.

Since you don't know (MP)Adam's style(unknown)you can't imm. put him on AA or any other exact hand.

FLop-I like a raise here.

(Oh and BTW, your not an idiot).
Old 09-29-2007, 08:22 PM

belly up cowboy you are the meat in a sandwich!

when loose passive goes bonkers like UTG you are probably looking at aces. I'd probalby 3 bet the flop to see what UTG does. If he caps you are probably toast. As played i'd call and pray for K.

A spade on turn might keep me in since the pot is gigantic
Old 09-29-2007, 09:48 PM

One of the reasons I don't three bet on the flop, and I should have been more specific about this, is that Cannterbury's cap is 5, not 4, bets. If I three bet it's coming back around five bet and I'm trying to see the turn and re-evaluate as cheaply as possible.

I'm still not sure about this, but that's why I didn't three bet.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm trying to see the turn and re-evaluate as cheaply as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

depending on what the turn card is, you should not be looking to "re-evaluate cheaply." the pot is much too large to worry about saving bets. try to win it if possible.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try to win it if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

By this you mean three bet the flop with the goal of protecting my hand, right? What if I can't protect my hand? If UTG and UTG+1 are going to call two more cold anyway, or UTG could four bet, then isn't that just spewing? I don't get it. Does having a read that they are not folding for two more back on the flop change your opinion at all?
Old 09-29-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
try to win it if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

By this you mean three bet the flop with the goal of protecting my hand, right? What if I can't protect my hand? If UTG and UTG+1 are going to call two more cold anyway, or UTG could four bet, then isn't that just spewing? I don't get it. Does having a read that they are not folding for two more back on the flop change your opinion at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said anything about 3 betting the flop.

if the turn pairs a low card or is total garbage like an offsuit J and you have the opportunity to shut out the field with a turn raise, you must take it.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:24 PM

Ok, thank you.