Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 11-27-2007, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Heisman Rankings

I think as the season ends that this is more clean cut than you think. Up to last week's games, it was anybody's game. But two players really put themselves ahead of the pack.

IMO, this is the Heisman situation:

Darren McFadden > Tim Tebow >>>>>>> Everybody else

I wouldn't be surprised if Tim Tebow becomes like Michael Robinson in the NFL. He'd be a running back that can be versatile enough to do a lot of option passes and add an interesting dimension to some offenses. I can't see him being used much as a QB. You can't get away with those jumping passes in the NFL.

The only reason I don't see him winning the Heisman this year is because he's a sophomore. I think he deserves it, but I think McFadden will get it in the end.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:51 PM

My biggest problem with McFadden this year is that he has had 4 good games against good competition this year, and been completely shutout in 2 games. I have a hard time thinking that he should be the Heisman winner when he was held under 100 yards in 3 games. People also forget that he fumbled the ball twice in the first quarter against LSU, which people are citing as his big "Heisman Moment" Game.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:40 PM

I would consider Tebow not winning at this point a pretty big crime. That said, it isn't my question.

It just made me think, what are the biggest recent Heisman snubs in the last 10-20 years?
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would consider Tebow not winning at this point a pretty big crime. That said, it isn't my question.

It just made me think, what are the biggest recent Heisman snubs in the last 10-20 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

The only one that stands out to me would be Eric Crouch over Rex Grossman in 2001. Grossman had very good stats that year and Crouch wasn't exactly spectacular. Only other one I can think of is possibly Larry Fitzgerald losing to Jason White. None of the other races have been that close, and the ones that have been close you can see that the deserving candidate probably won.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heisman_Trophy

List of all winners and runner-ups ever.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:42 PM

Reggie bush over Vince Young?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Reggie bush over Vince Young?

[/ QUOTE ]
no
Old 11-27-2007, 08:23 PM

Charles Woodson over Peyton Manning
Old 11-27-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So Colt Brennan for the Heisman...

I usually like your opinions/posts MT2R, but this was really dumb and unneccessary

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is far from dumb & neccessary...in a year where there STILL is not a clear-cut Hesiman favorite, Colt Brennan deserves a helluva lot more recognition and national attention

the WAC may not be the SEC but Brennan is a gunslinger that could prosper in any offense in any confrence in America!

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. Tyler Graunke has played as well as Colt in the games he's played (give some credit to the system), including similar numbers against a decent Nevada team that he played most of the game against.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:43 PM

Despite the fact that Sam Bradford is the highest rated starting QB in the country, and will most likely win the next three Heismans, here is my vote for this year:

(1) Tim Tebow (and it isn't close)
(2) Darren McFadden
(3) Dennis Dixon (he may have won if....)
(4) Pat White
(5) Chase Daniel

Note: This is obviously ignoring the fact that non-skill positions even exist. :-)
Old 11-27-2007, 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is far from dumb & neccessary...in a year where there STILL is not a clear-cut Hesiman favorite, Colt Brennan deserves a helluva lot more recognition and national attention

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to give the Heismann to a run-n-shoot statwhore, then Graham Harrell is your man this year. He has put up better numbers than Colt against a much tougher schedule.