Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2007, 12:29 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho *DELETED*

Post deleted by Kevmath
Old 11-15-2007, 01:07 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/12 - 500k Buyin - Part 2 Spoilers aho

Great! Thanks for posting that well after the author did in the very same thread! Awesome!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:26 PM

^^^Didn't notice.... Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-16-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i know that this was a huge pot and all, but the fact that they ran it 3 times really takes away from the 'omg' factor of a $750k pot.

i went from being like, "ZOMG, what a sick hand for all that cash to, oh, they're running it 3 times, kind of meh"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I know they do it because they hedge their bets and are a bunch of scaredy cats, but I would rather they just run it once and let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are hilarious. i'd bet if i was standing behind you at a game you were playing and i offered to your table my opinion about what rules your table should play under. you'd be quick to tell me that i'm not in the game and it's not my money on the table, if i'm not going to sit down and play then i'd better keep my useless opinions to myself.

which is exactly what you're doing. from outside the game you're telling the players how you think they should play so that the game can be more interesting to you.

amazing!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 04:43 PM

PA wasn't calling for implied odds alone ppl
Old 11-16-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i know that this was a huge pot and all, but the fact that they ran it 3 times really takes away from the 'omg' factor of a $750k pot.

i went from being like, "ZOMG, what a sick hand for all that cash to, oh, they're running it 3 times, kind of meh"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I know they do it because they hedge their bets and are a bunch of scaredy cats, but I would rather they just run it once and let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are hilarious. i'd bet if i was standing behind you at a game you were playing and i offered to your table my opinion about what rules your table should play under. you'd be quick to tell me that i'm not in the game and it's not my money on the table, if i'm not going to sit down and play then i'd better keep my useless opinions to myself.

which is exactly what you're doing. from outside the game you're telling the players how you think they should play so that the game can be more interesting to you.

amazing!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I love how you're all sarcastic and mocking despite being totally illogical.

Sitting in your living room saying what you hope happens is not the same as "telling the players what they should do." This is the televised poker forum. We talk about what we like and don't like on televised poker shows here. Everyone, apparently with the possible exception of you, wants the game to be interesting. That's the whole [censored] point of watching the show.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And customer at least implying that you're a donator, which for someone like PA is pretty offending.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your interpretation, but I would assume Patrik would love for Sammy to think he's a donk.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

amazing!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What do your comments have to do with what I said? Do you think that running the last card 3 times is NOT hedging your bets and/or playing scared?

You did not address what I said at all. You just went on some irrational tangent.
Old 11-16-2007, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think Gold played this hand badly and this really sums up the difference between a top cash game player like PA and Gold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that post really sums up how low and scared you must play.

[ QUOTE ]
That turn bet of PA absolutely screams AJ in a deep stack high stakes cash game like this. He check calls the undersized bet on the flop and then comes out betting- what else does he have? AK

[/ QUOTE ]

lolol. Let's see:
Q/10,
K/10,
K/Q,
3/3,
10/10,
Q/Q,
Many, many four-flushes and other semi-bluff hands,
Many, many pure bluff hands.

Gold was not putting Antonius on A/K obviously. First, that's an unlikely 1 outer, and second he knows that the big raise will cause Antonius to fold. He obviously had him on/hoped he had a lesser set or some sort of big draw, maybe pair+flush draw. Also I'll guess you have never played with PA, nor do you have much idea how he perceives Gold. You can't say for sure that he might have been convinced Gold was bluffing and called all-in with even two pair. Or A/K? PA isn't exactly a God, you know. Just because you've read about it or saw him play a few good hands. Likewise with everyone's perception that Gold is bad. I've seen countless hands where PA overvalues his hands and makes ridiculous over-calls. I've never seen Gold do this, yet so many have the perception that he does. But that's inadvertently one of the reasons why PA is such a big winner. And Gold is also a very high winning online cash game player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Low and scared.... let's see..... I play high stakes cash games, about 1/4 of what they play on HSP. A possible hand that PA could lead out with apart from AJ is KQ but the chances of that are very low as Jamie has crippled the deck for him. I love those who advocate the auto shove. I think this forum should be renamed the "2+2 shove and hope forum". Just go all in and get called by a better hand. If you want to assign that wide a range of hands to that player against that opponent at those stakes and with those deep stacks then feel free. You're very welcome to come and play in our game thinking like that.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:07 PM

The good player run it more for just this reason (the PA,JG hand. One post posted that he want then to play the 750k once and have PA down 375, wow. Some watcher want to see poker other want to see gambling on TV