Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 12:43 PM

Default Re: my solution to the gay marriage argument

[ QUOTE ]
I, as a taxpayer, do not want to donate money so you can feel better about your sexual choices in life. And as long as a vast majority of taxpayers feel the same way (which they do), you're SOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

/agree ... but this is a fault of a garbage tax system not gays.

Get rid of the BS tax code and this is a non issue.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I, as a taxpayer, do not want to donate money so you can feel better about your sexual choices in life...

[/ QUOTE ]

But you, as a taxpayer, do want to donate money to other people's sexual choices in life???
Old 11-20-2007, 12:49 PM

Oh, you're good.

You've studied that liberal playbook well. Accuse me of being a bigot in order to avoid having to discuss the logical merits of your argument. My goodness... context, context, context!

The first 2 comments were in response to ramblings about being gay and why one chooses to be gay. They were NOT in reference to the OP.

And the second two comments would make PERFECT sense when talking about a renter wanting his rent money to be tax deductible.

Mortgage interest is tax deductible in order to encourage people to become property owners and make a better financial life for themselves so the taxpayers dont have to support them when they wake up in 40 years and have no assets or money to retire on.

So yes, I would have a real problem with providing a tax break under that pretence to someone who feels left out because they CHOSE not to do what it takes to qualify for said tax break.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I, as a taxpayer, do not want to donate money so you can feel better about your sexual choices in life...

[/ QUOTE ]

But you, as a taxpayer, do want to donate money to other people's sexual choices in life???

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

Edit: nevermind, I understand now.

And the answer is yes. I have no problem with the tax breaks for married couples filing jointly. I have 3 kids of my own. Kids cost a fortune.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

[/ QUOTE ]

*hint in white* <font color="white"> Not homosexuals but... </font>
Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 PM

AGAIN ... your tax code sucks ass.

Gay marriage is only one example of why the current system is nothing but abuse after abuse codified and crammed down our throat in the name of "public good"
Old 11-20-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And the answer is yes. I have no problem with the tax breaks for married couples filing jointly. I have 3 kids of my own. Kids cost a fortune.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are a theif.

Pay for you own damn rugrats. I have no interest in supporting gays or you and your family. Stop having kids if you can afford it.
Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are a theif.

Pay for you own damn rugrats. I have no interest in supporting gays or you and your family. Stop having kids if you can afford it.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

You and I are working toward the same thing, friend.

I wouldn't need tax breaks to pay for my kids if I didn't have to hand over so much of my monthly income to a government that pisses it out the window.

I live in Wisconsin. We take it up the ass far worse than most when it comes to taxes. (EDIT: lol at that euphemism in context of current thread)
Old 11-20-2007, 01:00 PM

double post 4tl
Old 11-20-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are a theif.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

You and I are working toward the same thing, friend.

I wouldn't need tax breaks to pay for my kids if I didn't have to hand over so much of my monthly income to a government that pisses it out the window.

I live in Wisconsin. We take it up the ass far worse than most when it comes to taxes.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I hear.