Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: 100NL getting tricky with 99

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his 1/3 pot cbet screamed weakness to me. He's a very aggressive player so he feels compelled to cbet even if he's raising preflop with a mediocre hand, but if he's got a real hand he's gonna make a real cbet. the bet seemed like it represented a whiffed hand that still wanted to try to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of players do this to milk/pretend they are weak. Obv it is player dependant, in general though I think a ton more players make small bets like that with monsters than when they are weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right but I didn't think a villain with these stats is doing that, I think 6 agg means he's betting big when he has a monster instead of bothering to trap.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 PM

i wouldnt make this play, but if I did I'd rather do it against a 15 lead then a 25-35 lead. I see the 1/3 pot bet as much more likely a probe/c bet with underpair. Plus you can raise the 15 bet and not commit your stack, raising a larger bet you basically have to shove and pray.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
his 1/3 pot cbet screamed weakness to me. He's a very aggressive player so he feels compelled to cbet even if he's raising preflop with a mediocre hand, but if he's got a real hand he's gonna make a real cbet. the bet seemed like it represented a whiffed hand that still wanted to try to take it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of players do this to milk/pretend they are weak. Obv it is player dependant, in general though I think a ton more players make small bets like that with monsters than when they are weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are right but I didn't think a villain with these stats is doing that, I think 6 agg means he's betting big when he has a monster instead of bothering to trap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really use pokertracker that much and don't use a hud when playing so you are probably right cause I don't know what agression factor etc means.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]if villain has any decent understanding of poker at all this is not true at all. This is the perfect flop to play AQ/AK/AA this light.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if villain has any decent understanding of poker at all this is not true at all. This is the perfect flop to play AQ/AK/AA this light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre right about the flop texture, but villain is 44 vpip I doubt he has much understanding.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:11 PM

the problem with your logic is that you are assuming that you might be able to bluff him out of the pot when this may not be the case. he calls 40% of hands preflop - this guy is loose. just fold the flop.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the problem with your logic is that you are assuming that you might be able to bluff him out of the pot when this may not be the case. he calls 40% of hands preflop - this guy is loose. just fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah good point. i basically put him on air and thought he would let it go most of the time but he's probably too loose for me to bother

results: <font color="white">villain insta folded</font>
Old 11-17-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand the flop play ... this hand seems like spew to me

[/ QUOTE ]

He should fold out KK, QQ, JJ, AJ or worse. Folds out AQ some of the time. AK, AA and a 2pair/set are the only hands that call and all of these hands are more unlikley due to an ace hitting the flop as is. Most people also don't squeeze with 77/55, they call for set value.

EDIT: I didn't see that he bet for like 1/3rd of the pot, I prob fold, a lot of times he has a monster and is milking you. If he had bet 1/2-2/3rd of the pot I would like it a lot more plus there is even more money in the pot to win and his hand is more likley to fold esp since your line looks stronger too and his hand is prob weaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats better.