Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-13-2007, 01:33 PM

Default QQ troubles vs a tilter and a LAG

CO is 54/9/.98, has lost a bunch of bets in the last couple orbits and is very likely looking to stack off. Button is 60/15/1.6 over 40 hands, he seems like he can think and handread.

Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises</font>, BTN calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO caps</font>, BTN calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (0SB, 3 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BTN raises</font>, Hero?

CO has a little more than 1 BB left
Old 11-13-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: QQ troubles vs a tilter and a LAG

I fold.

If you have the best hand, this is one of those spots you can't really do much about.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:34 PM

Fold? If the CO has 1 BB he wants all in, and could have basically any 2 above average cards and no promise of a king. Why not lead the flop, CO is clearly going to raise, and now face the Btn with two cold? he may fold a weak king, but if he calls we're clearly [censored] and can give up and not just forfeit this nice sized pot. BTn hand cant be that huge if he just called on the button against a short stack.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:49 PM

I would likely 3bet. CO is then likely to reraise all in. I check the turn. I would call a bet from btn player on the turn and c/f the river if he bets again. I would also c/f any Ace on the turn. Any one player of these two could really have you beat... . But I dont trust people who are nearly all in in FL. So I would most likely try to show that hand down... .
Old 11-13-2007, 09:06 PM

I would treat this hand as a HU battle vs the btn. I am taking this hand to showdown. You said that you think the btn can handread. What does he take you to have? Does he think he can get you to fold TT-QQ, AT-Q by raising?

My preference is to 3 bang here because I never believe these post flop isoraises.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 PM

why c/3b this flop and leave ourselves guessing as to what the Button has? Wouldn't leading the flop and facing the button with two cold get a much more honest response?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:26 PM

Yes, but as played, I 3 bang it.

I prefer leading but I don't think it gives us any better advantage except that perhaps the CO stacks off and gets the btn out of the hand.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:39 PM

I´d probably call down but i think it is really close to a fold.But after only 40 hands and with those stats I´m not that convinced Btn has a brain. If he has a brain I´d fold.