Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 01:56 PM

Default Anybody fire again on the turn ?

SB is a regular, colds calls many aces and suited cards, no matter what the action is before him. eg 3 bets with K2s

Full Tilt 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, MP folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
Old 11-11-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: Anybody fire again on the turn ?

The check behind seems good except for the river fold.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:34 PM

I fire again but I don't know if this is right or not. There's a fd out there and if SB is that type of player he may call with just crap but chances are one of your opponents has an ace or better on the flop. I'm thinking that at the turn I want to get a FSD but maybe I do that too often (like here). However, I think you should be willing to put in a bet either on the turn or as a river call.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:36 PM

I would never fire again here into a multiway pot, you are almost ceratinly just paying off a donk with a weak ace, weird 6, or somehow caught a queen on the turn given how many people saw the flop. I'd check fold.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:18 PM

You've only got 2 opponents. You've got a chance to win the pot if 2 loose opponents peel this flop plus you may have the best hand if one is on a FD. Not saying this is right but you make it sound as if you're in a full ring game with 4 opponents on the turn. No reason to think the Q helped anyone.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:23 PM

I would check the turn and call the river.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:33 PM

It isn't a big enough pot in my opinion to pay someone off here, If I was this hand I'd expect the SB to flip up a weak ace 95% of the time here, I just can't think of many hands you can beat unless he's just being a retarded donk on some weird missed FD desperation bluff? This would amost never be the case, considering your PF raise the villain might easily put you on an ace (except for the checked turn) and would probably rarely bluff this spot knowing that betting into 2 opponents (one who raised pf, one who called pf) on this board is almost never going to work and much more often will result in a reraise, his bet here to me tells me he's got a hand, unless he's just crazy.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:54 PM

Given that you are closing the action, I think you can call this river bet. He makes this play with a lot of hands Kx included...
Old 11-12-2007, 03:25 PM

Your check on the turn could be inducing a bluff. When you say 95% he's betting a weak ace here, you are forgetting all the other times he's betting a smaller PP or taking a stab at it with a missed draw. This is such a scary board that even the board plays itself that it makes some people feel that they can bet at it knowning it might be a chop but putting pressure on you to fold without having to risk much.

The turn check indicates weakness and his bet into two players indicates strength which is what he might try to imply, thus making a bluff and will auto fold if raised.

Way too weak tight imo to be folding the river after checking the turn, especially when you have a shot at winning and having 6.5 to 1.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Way too weak tight imo to be folding the river after checking the turn, especially when you have a shot at winning and having 6.5 to 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO it is much better to put in one more bet by betting turn instead of calling a bet on river.
If you get checkraised on turn it is a clear sign of being behind.
Charging draws or/and a PP on turn is better than inducing bluffs on river.
As played I´m not that sure a river call is +EV.