Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 07-03-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: The Well: bottomset

do you play for a livin
are you better than blunty
Old 07-03-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I take it you virtually never open limp then. Would love to hear some of your reasoning behind this. Have you always played that way?

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent the first 2years I played poker playing 6max, I'm a 6max player at heart, you don't openlimp in limit 6max or NL 6max

so when I switched to FR I adopted a 6max style of play without open-limping,is it possible that I could have a higher EV with some openlimping? sure, but the current plan has worked well, I have been experimenting more with overlimping lately

[ QUOTE ]
Yea I saw that.
I think you are a pretty good player and back before the forum split (I think) A.e.jones did a very good well I would love to see you do one like his. It was very informitive and and I learned allot.

Lets talk about when you are picking on the blinds a few tiimes and they start playing back at you. Will you give up at this point do you like to counter with a 4 bet how do you handle these situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to go read aejones well thread

as for getting played back at, it depends kind of, there are some normally tight regulars that will mess with me, pokerboy, bt2, dlm for example and some of the more aggro ones like ryancmu, grandmelon that also do

I'm not going to say what my adjustments to them are, because I play against them a fair bit

usually until I know someone is messing with me, I tend to give reraises credit, they aren't too frequent for the most part

[ QUOTE ]
Where do you live?
Do you work and/or go to school?
What are your long term goals with poker and with life?

[/ QUOTE ]

currently Sioux Falls, SD(population ~140k)

I'm a junior in college, that is on a break from school,
should be back either this Fall, or in the Spring

longterm goals not sure really hopefully move my way up the limits, but to do that I need to play more and stop spending so much of what I do make

I want to finish school up, get a job in the field(engineering) and maybe get married, have kids(that is on the delayed list)
Old 07-03-2007, 05:45 PM

Happy Birthday!!

[ QUOTE ]
1. Biggest mistake (almost) everyone makes?
2. Which is more important, position or position?
3. Thing(s) your opponents do that drive you nuts (other than suck-out LDO)?
4. Favorite Movie(s)?
5.TV Show(s)?
6. Book(s)?
7.Recording artist(s)?
8.Food(s)?
9.Fast food?
10. Adult beverage(s)?
11.Thread theme you'd love to never see again 'cuz it gets posted over and over again?
12.Do you have a "favorite threads" list? If so, please post it.
13.Greatest moment (or accomplishment) as a poker player?
14.Worst?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. um, I think a lot of the posters here are too timid with TPTK, overpair hands

2. I love position, especially when someone open-limps, I own people that limp/call OOP vs me nonstop

3. shortstack, minraise cbets

4. Godfather I,II, Goodfellas, Tommy Boy, Fight Club

5. The Sopranos, The Wire, Futurama, South Park, The Simpsons season 3-9, Deadwood

6. I don't read nearly enough, I like a lot of Hemmingway's books, Sun also rises, Farewell to arms, For whom the bell tolls

I don't think it counts but I love the Calvin and Hobbes books, its my anti-tilt medicine

7. Nas, WuTang Clan, Big L, Big Pun, Rakim, Notorious BIG, JayZ, The Stooges, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Foo Fighters

8. Sushi, Steak, Raspberries(best fruit), White Peaches(close second)

9. I try not to eat fast food anymore

10. beer and tequila(Patron) mainly, some vodka and crown royal, I don't drink all that often

11. "KK preflop"

12. I don't have much in mine, I'll look at it again in a bit and post links

13. I guess that this will be my 4th straight year +$

14. that I didn't put in the effort I do today, 3years ago when the games were softer, and left so much money on the table
Old 07-03-2007, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Biggest adjustment from 6 max to FR?
Plans on playing higher than 1/2?
Single, married?
Players who have given you the most trouble?

[/ QUOTE ]

having to throttle down the aggression some, like at 6max you basically never fold AK preflop HU, at fullring so many players only reraise like QQ+, often KK+ you have to ease up a lot

hopefully I will but I need to get solidified at 1/2 first, I need to start playing as many hands as you and pokerboy do, and stop spending most of the money I make, so the bankroll can grow

I'm single

the nice thing about fullring is there aren't that many confrontations between me and the other regulars, so its kind of a session to session thing, noone consistently has made my life really tough

you, IanBarnes, dlm(runs like god vs me) seem to tangle with me more than most

[ QUOTE ]
How many BB's do you PF raise AA UTG? (Or UTG+1) I've been struggling with this because I don't want to give my hand away with 7xbb pfr, but I don't want to get 4 callers with a 3xbb pfr.

Many players online will call the 3xbb pfr w/any pair 22-TT and if they hit their set, it's tough to lay down A's. Plus the more callers behind you, the better chance they hit 2 pair...

Tips? TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

I use 4bb +1 perlimper from all positions with all my raising range

reraises I usually use 3x to 3.5x HU in position, OOP 3.5 to 4x

with callers I usually add 1x per caller or so, that varies some

I think the key is not to have a tight range versus them preflop, if they will only win the cbet frequently, setmining is a losing proposition
Old 07-03-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you do, if anything, with regards to table selection?

[/ QUOTE ]

I look for tables with full stacks, that is about it, sometimes I sit at tables by myself, the regulars won't sit HU with me, so the player that sits is usually pretty bad

[ QUOTE ]
I remember you being a regular at the microlimit forums. What made you change your game to no limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a couple months where I ran bad at 5/10 Limit 6max, decided to give NL a shot

[ QUOTE ]
Lifetime graph?
How come you moved to FR from 6max?
Do you consciously play a FR hand where the first 3 fold like a 6max hand?
How have 6max skills contributed to your FR game?
Do you believe contributing to other people's threads helps you more than the original poster?
What do you do besides poker?
What do you think the future of poker holds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll see if I can get a graph up

like the switch from limit to 6max nl, it was a big downswing that gave me the idea to give FR a shot

once the first 3 have folded, yeah I play the hand like a 6max hand, though most FR players don't really adjust that much so it doesn't play as aggro as 6max

I've have very good success playing 2-6handed on FR tables, and probably should try to do so more often

the 6max skills come that helped are the relentless aggression, I like constantly going after limpers(big in 6max both limit and NL) blindstealing(bigger in limit but big in both) mainly

I've always gotten more from responding to other people's threads than my own, I'm over 10k posts, and I think I may have 100 hand posts of my own, at least 20times that responding to other threads

play videogames(mainly Guitar hero right now), goto movies, boring stuff for the most part

future of poker, I'm not sure, I doubt it will ever completely dry up online, but it the games might get a lot worse if getting money on becomes difficult, hopefully it will be legalized and regulated in the US which I think would lead to a new poker boom

[ QUOTE ]
give it to me straight---what do you think about me:
1. as a player
2. as a poster
3. as a human being

[/ QUOTE ]

1.well we don't tangle very often, you are on the tighter side of things, but with semi-spastic rounds of aggression it seems

2. often seem scared to put money in with 1pair hands

3. no clue, though you do shortstack some of the time, so I hate you(stop shortstacking and I'd stop hating you)

[ QUOTE ]
do you play for a livin
are you better than blunty

[/ QUOTE ]

semi-pro I have a job but a lot of my poker winnings go towards expenses

haven't played with him very much at all, so not sure
Old 07-03-2007, 06:30 PM

as for the A.e Jones well he talked allot about poker strategy and stuff related to playing poker more so than than everyday stuff like whats your favorite drink, who is the best fr poster ect............ not that I don't care to get to know you it's just that when a good player does a well I would like to use the opportunity to talk strategy than to bull crap. With all that said thanks for doing the well I for one appreciate it.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:27 PM

bottomset, why do you berate short stackers.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play videogames(mainly Guitar hero right now),

[/ QUOTE ]

Favorite GH track?

Favorite GH2 track?

Favorite of the two?

I think GH's tack listing is slightly better than GH2, however GH2's two player modes kick ass. You?

What do you think of GH 80's track listing?

How good are you?

Video? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 PM

Shortstackers are not poker players; they're parasites (imho). They take a lot of the skill out of the game.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:06 PM

1. Biggest downswing (in terms of BIs)?
2. Everyone has 100 BB, and everyone is unknown. UTG raises to 3, UTG+1 3bets to 12...what do you do from UTG+2 with JJ? QQ? AKs?
3. Do you feel that FR is more profitable than 6max? If so, why (I assume it's because you can play more tables, but maybe not)?