Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: In no-limit its in general correct to steal .... than in limit
more 4 20.00%
less 16 80.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-18-2007, 02:35 AM

Default And the Winner Is:

Hi Everyone:

Here are the results of our cover contest. But first, I want to thank all who participated. There's no doubt that we got more quality covers than we can have winners, and I'm sure our selections will create lots of discussion. So here goes:

And the winner for Professional No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I by Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta, and Ed Miller is Gonso with this design.

We need a couple of fixes which we would like you (Gonso) to do in a post below. First, use the Roman Numeral "I" instead of the word "one" and numeric "1". Second, on the back cover put the author names underneath the title, and then leave the rest of the back cover in the basic cover design. Author pictures, bar code, Two Plus Two logo, Verbage boxes, etc. will be dropped in at our printer.

Your prize will be $500 plus a Two Plus Two shirt. To get the shirt go to https://www.conjelco.com/twoshirts/t...two_shirts.php and decide which color and size you want. Then send me a private message where you include the shirt information, your email, and a phone number that I can reach you at. We'll need to talk to you about how to get the cover downloaded to our printer, and you'll probably be talking to our printer as well. In addition, we'll also be using your design when Volume II comes out and you'll get another $500 there as well.

And the winner for Sit 'n Go Strategy by Collin Moshman is OMGuraBot with this design.

We need a couple of fixes which we would like you (OMGuraBot) to do in a post below. They are:

1. Reverse the apostrophe. It should be in a comma position with the tail part down.

2. We would like only the first letter in each word in the title to be capitalized. Also, the "n" in the word 'N needs to be lower case.

3. The words on the chip need to be a brighter color. White might work or perhaps a different color.

4. The heart symbol and the diamond symblo on the chip should be red.

5. We need the title and subtitle at the top of the back cover with a "by Collin Moshman" on the line underneath.

6. Leave the rest of the back cover in the basic cover design. Author pictures, bar code, Two Plus Two logo, Verbage boxes, etc. will be dropped in at our printer.

Your prize will be $500 plus a Two Plus Two shirt. To get the shirt go to https://www.conjelco.com/twoshirts/t...two_shirts.php and decide which color and size you want. Then send me a private message where you include the shirt information, your email, and a phone number that I can reach you at. We'll need to talk to you about how to get the cover downloaded to our printer, and you'll probably be talking to our printer as well.

And the winner for World Class High Stakes and Short-Handed Limit Hold 'em by Ray Zee and David Fromm with Alan Schoonmaker is RoxySurfergirl00 with this design.

We really liked the three faces, and we would like for you to reproduce this cover in a post below with the new title and authors. Also Your prize will be $500 plus a Two Plus Two shirt. To get the shirt go to https://www.conjelco.com/twoshirts/t...two_shirts.php and decide which color and size you want. Then send me a private message where you include the shirt information, your email, and a phone number that I can reach you at. We'll need to talk to you about how to get the cover downloaded to our printer, and you'll probably be talking to our printer as well.

Since we have so many good covers, we have also decided to hold three covers in reserve for possible future use on Two Plus Two books. This is something we didn't announce in our initial contest. So for each of these designers will get a payment from us of $200 now, and then an additional $300 if and when we do use the cover. In addition, each of you gets to pick a Two Plus Two shirt.

So our reserve winners are (in no particular order):

Richark K with

Stuey with

and Gonso with

To get the shirt go to https://www.conjelco.com/twoshirts/t...two_shirts.php and decide which color and size you want. Then send me a private message where you include the shirt information, your email, and a phone number that I can reach you at. We'll need to talk to you about how to get the cover downloaded to our printer, and you'll probably be talking to our printer as well. In addition, the version that we'll probably download at our printer will be a generic version with no title or lettering on it.

Finally, I want to recognize all the other designers who participated in this contest. They are:

MKresibows
Kabouter
Croujean
ezdonkey
ZenMusician
blueflame
Sharagoz
Wht Rbt
ama0330, and
rothko

For each of you we have a Two Plus Two shirt. Again, they can be found at https://www.conjelco.com/twoshirts/t...two_shirts.php

Then send me a private message with which color and size you want plus an address to send them to. (If I missed anyone let me know.)

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 06-18-2007, 03:15 AM

Default Re: And the Winner Is:

Those are some sharp covers. The Flynn/Mehta/Miller Vol. I looks particularly classic.
Old 06-18-2007, 03:44 AM

Nice choices Mason.
Definitely an improvement over previous covers imo.

I like Roxy's cover the best.

Also, I never knew that Matt, Sunny and Ed all looked so much alike.

FWIW - I'm not a huge fan of Gonso's purple SNG cover that you selected among the reserves.
Richard K's I'm undecided on.
Stuey's I think I like but the front-cover looks too much like a big blood-splatter.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:23 AM

Congratulations all! I guess I just don't have the "Vegas touch" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Look forward to seeing the new titles on the shelves!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:16 AM

Congrats to the winners and all the participants. You all did great work.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 AM

thanks,

Mason I'll make the changes and send the PM later on. In retrospect I'm kind of glad you thought the others were too dark, I actually liked the white ones better

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW - I'm not a huge fan of Gonso's purple SNG cover that you selected among the reserves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not either TBH, but revisions have improved it and forget that weird purple color
Old 06-18-2007, 10:42 AM

i like the stuey better but they al look great
Old 06-18-2007, 11:07 AM

those are the best 2p2 covers ever
Old 06-18-2007, 01:55 PM

zenmusician got robbed.
Old 06-18-2007, 02:49 PM

Excellent choices Mason