Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-26-2007, 11:45 PM

Default Push with this Set?

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) Absolute Poker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Just getting crushed and am thinking it's ME!! which it could be!

very tame table - no raising

CO ($6.05)
Button ($5.80)
SB ($13.11) 59/2/?
BB ($10.81) 1st hand at table - no reads
Hero ($8.15)
MP1 ($16.02)
MP2 ($19.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.30) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.30) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.8</font>, BB calls $0.80, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.8</font>, SB calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $10.71</font>, Hero calls $6.25 (All-In), SB calls $8.91.

River: ($24.45) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $29.77

Not sure whether I should have followed his push or not - I was going to push.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:41 AM

Default Re: Push with this Set?

raise PF

man that turn action is [censored] weird. I cant figure out why BB would flat call with 98 initially, so his call/shove smells to me. But I honestly cant figure out WTF else he would do it with? I guess a flush draw maybe. I honestly dont know what I do. I prolly just say [censored] it and call cuz its NL10 and I imagine most players are retarded
Old 11-27-2007, 08:05 AM

You would raise Pre flop because it's almost short handed?

My feeling is I WANT people in the hand so limping is the way to build the pot.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:24 AM

So then you limp preflop, somebody in LP raises, you call, miss the flop and have to c/f

or

You limp preflop, 2 people limp behind you, sb calls, bb checks. 5 to a flop of K93, you have to c/f.

If you raise though...

everybody folds - you take the blinds

1 caller, flop of K93 again, you cbet and he folds

But the most important one of all imo, you get 1 caller + bb, flop is K63, now all you want is to get as much money in the pot as is possible. In this case the pot is already 12-15bb so getting 100bb in should be pretty easy if somebody picked up a hand. In the limped case, the pot will be 4-5bb so it will take you a street of betting just to get the pot where it would have been had you raised preflop so getting max value from KQ, 45 etc will be so much harder.

Also, if you call small pairs preflop and raise big pairs preflop you'll be so easy to read. If you raise everything then you keep people guessing.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You limp preflop, 2 people limp behind you, sb calls, bb checks. 5 to a flop of K93, you have to c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see nothing wrong with check folding or playing if there is 1 min bet.

You would raise 66 pre flop from any position?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:21 AM

Pretty much always yeah, I'm never open limping though that's my point.

If you mean calling a minbet postflop then you need to be careful, say the pot is 5bb and it's 1bb to you. You need to hit a 6 to win so need over 20-1 odds to breakeven. What makes you think you will get at least 14bb more out of the minbetter when you hit?

I don't know how long you've been playing or what level you play at, but you need to play tight aggressive from the get go otherwise you'll have so many bad habits that will be really hard to drop when you move up the levels.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:42 AM

The main point in this hand is that at these limits people will slowplay far too much and they will never build up to a bluff. They wont bluff much and when they do it is always straight out, no calling a bet and then bluff after a raise. BB is slowplaying a made straight here.

I like your play until the reraise at the turn (though your raise at the turn might be a bit small, make sure they do not have odds to go for a flush or straight that has not be completed yet), you are then beat 99.9999% of the time and I don't think you get sufficient odds to call hoping for a full house/quads as you have 10 outs once.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:59 AM

I will raise when first to act 100% of the time UNLESS I have medium (TT or less) pocket pairs.

Then I'll go in for the min and fold if I miss. Why raise, create a small pot and then miss. I'm not going to cbet because in NL10 you have players playing ANYTHING.

cbet's seem worthless to me. You put money in, everybody calls and now you are sitting there with a silly grin. Nobody ever folds to a cbet.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:07 PM

webster are you asking for advice or dispensing it?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:12 PM

yes, get it in