Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-30-2007, 06:42 AM

Default Re: Tales of the Grassroots: Ron Paul

[ QUOTE ]
Midge, as an Australian who is opposed to Bush's foreign policy, I'm confused why you so despise Ron Paul. He would put an end to the aggressive foreign policy. That's what you want, isn't it?

Even if you oppose the rest of his ideology, what difference does that make, since domestic US policies don't affect you. With all the barking you do about Bush and Iraq, who pray tell do you support more than the guy whose entire campaign is energized by the idea of changing foreign policy and bringing our troops home from everywhere in the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question, ALawPoker.

I think that who rules to roost in the US and its impact on the rest of the world is dependent on more than just the avowed foreign policies. I think we are much more interdependent than just merely based on foreign policies.

To me, Ron Paul is probably the most naive of the candidates I am aware of, in the US presidential race as it stands, from an economic viewpoint. So naive that it is worrying that he might even have been considered a candidate, although, in praise of the general US public he has not even be allowed, or at least has been limited, in his participation in public debates.