Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Absolute Does Not Respond to Two Plus Two’s Fraud Investigation O

Yeah, I still think it's odd that BBV is pretty much the only place we talk about this now.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When David made that post he was not speaking for Two Plus Two in any way.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes i feel like 2+2 is one big level and I'm not in on the joke.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When David made that post he was not speaking for Two Plus Two in any way.

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all very confusing. Mason, is there a way to make it so we know which posts are on behalf of Two Plus Two, and which ones aren't?

I mean, I think the Terms and Conditions state that the posts made here belong to the poster, and not Two Plus Two, but you say Two Plus Two was instrumental in the discovery.

There has to be a simple way. Maybe the Red Names will change to a different color when they aren't speaking on behalf of Two Plus Two or something.

So confused...

Josh W
Old 11-10-2007, 07:47 AM

Mason,

I support the proposal from your lawyers, and I would like to thank you for your recent decision to get more involved in the AP scandal.

Best,
Jordan
Old 11-11-2007, 02:19 AM

Mason,

Its super to know that you inform the board of deleting important posts only after it is brought up by someone else. Very big of you!

Keep up the good work!!

Best Wishes,
Evan

P.S. Much thanks for following up on your plan of addressing the issue!
Old 11-11-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um... why should absolute pay money for yet another set of auditors that a group of dudes who are out for blood hired? I wouldn't let some random bunch of yahoos into my company's britches, even if I sold tea cozies. Sorry, the idea that absolute pays 2+2, who pays the auditors that 2+2 hired and SWEAR are great, honest injun', just sounds incestuous.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason: Consumer confidence.

Absolute Poker should be willing to spend an exceptional large sum to achieve this. Of course it goes back to the fact that scammers are unable to be transparent. They have to pretend to bare all while effectively hidding the truth.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:03 AM

Don't play at AP. What's the issue? The site sucked before this and it still sucks... Their CS sucks, their game selection sucks, their response to this scandal sucks, and yes their audit will suck..
Old 11-11-2007, 08:18 AM

Default Some Clarification

[ QUOTE ]
Much thanks for following up on your plan of addressing the issue!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but I got distracted by one of our other forums. Also, I had to watch Virginia Tech beat Florida State. I'm sure you'll understand.

We were hoping to have something from our attorney team to put up, but nothing has come through yet. So I'm going to post the following in the mean time:

For the AP investigation which we proposed to AP and in which we thought at first they would accept, there were fees involved since the attorney team needs to be paid. The way it was to be done was for AP to pay Two Plus Two and then Two Plus Two would would pay our attorneys. That way the investigative team would be completely independent of AP. In addition, Two Plus Two would make no money from this since any left over fees would be returned to AP. (In fact, we're losing money on it since there will be other related fees that we will pay ourselves. This is the case whether AP takes the offer or not.)

In our discussions with our attorneys, they preferred to keep this information confidential, so we complied. But Nat's AP contact repeated some of it to Nat and he then posted it here.

My concern is that this was a distraction that took the emphasis off of AP and onto something else that was not significant to the issues at hand. We have, however, asked our attorneys to now give us something we can post on site explaining this in more detail. They have promised to do so, but sometimes it takes a while. (There are three attorneys involved with this process and two of them are out of town through the weekend.)

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-11-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Some Clarification

Mason,

I want to thank you for finally stepping up to the plate on this issue. This is obviously the biggest scandal to ever impact online poker. Having 2p2 officially involved is critical. The online players need an entity such as 2p2 representing their interests in this.

You have the opportunity to use your considerable influence within the online gaming industry to not only help ensure Absolute (and UB by default) come clean and pay their dues for what they've allowed to happen but to also get the word out to the online poker community at large.

The vast majority of players are blissfully unaware of the scandal. The majority of gambling websites continue to promote both AP and UB. This has to change if we expect AP to clean itself up. The only weapon we have at our disposal is our ability to expose AP to as many people as possible. The only incentive for AP to clean up is financial. Until players quit depositing/playing there, they have no reason to change.

My hope is that you will use your standing/reputation within the industry to help spread the word. By issuing a statement which clearly defines 2p2's stance on the issue, the story will have more merit with the mainstream media.

There must be dozens or hundreds of bloggers/webmasters reading these forums on a daily basis. These people are more likely to follow your lead. If we (webmasters, affiliates, forum owners, bloggers) all work together in a combined effort, the word will spread, AP will begin to feel the pinch.

Please, use your power and influence wisely!
Old 11-11-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: Some Clarification

AP's ad money is like the drug war in reverse. In the drug war, when the authorities crack down on the movement of drugs, they become more scarce and therefore more expensive, making it more lucrative to move them. In the AP AD money, if fewer people take their money for advertisements, then AP has more at their disposal to give the people who will take their ad money. Greed always works to the detriment of good sense.