Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 10:22 PM

Default Re: STTF - Hotel California MTT Holiday Blowout -preliminary interest

[ QUOTE ]
id like to go but is that date set in stone? i think someone mentioned early jan in the other thread which is better for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Date is set in stone. Only weekend Irie is free.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
id like to go but is that date set in stone? i think someone mentioned early jan in the other thread which is better for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i checked my schedule and its okay actually. so ill just say im in for sure right now before the list gets too long. hopefully someone can vouch for me...

also id probably come in thurs afternoon to make it a 4 day thing if anyone else wants to
Old 09-26-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in, as noted.

For anyone worried about the structure, don't. I will work with Suzzer to create a good structure that will allow plenty of play early. The WSOP nightly satellites lasted 8 hours with 50-100 players. We can certainly start a 30 player tournament at noon and get plenty of play in with ample time for an after-party.

It will be a great time.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

OK never mind my previous comment, I'm willing to trust Irieguy 100% with the structure. But I still like my idea of relatively low buyin but tons o' rebuys, it's "da bomb" kids. And no HORSEcrap. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with lots of rebuys is we don't know how many chips there will be, so it's hard to budget time. No one (I think) wants to be playing a 15-hour marathon.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm in, as noted.

For anyone worried about the structure, don't. I will work with Suzzer to create a good structure that will allow plenty of play early. The WSOP nightly satellites lasted 8 hours with 50-100 players. We can certainly start a 30 player tournament at noon and get plenty of play in with ample time for an after-party.

It will be a great time.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

OK never mind my previous comment, I'm willing to trust Irieguy 100% with the structure. But I still like my idea of relatively low buyin but tons o' rebuys, it's "da bomb" kids. And no HORSEcrap. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with lots of rebuys is we don't know how many chips there will be, so it's hard to budget time. No one (I think) wants to be playing a 15-hour marathon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, just keep doubling the blinds in the later rounds and it won't matter.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM

Just FYI. If we get a mad rush on this thing, then obviously the people Irie and/or I know personally will get first precedence. But it's certainly cool to have some new faces. So we'll have to see how it plays out.

There will be very concrete dates for getting the cover charge and later, the MTT buyin to me (or perhaps someone everyone trusts unconditionally like lacky for the buyins). I didn't want to do the buyins ahead of time orginally, but I've been convinced that for security reasons it would be a good idea.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:40 PM

Assuming you have the dates right so this works with the 10 or 15k or w/e is at the bellagio then I am there (assuming we get the limo bus etc etc..
Old 09-26-2007, 10:43 PM

Cool. You know Irie will work all that ish out.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: STTF - Hotel California MTT Holiday Blowout -preliminary interest list

oops, didnt realize there was new thread, I just posted this in the old one:

Nice, I need a reason to get back to LA, this sounds like a lot of fun!! 1k MTT, great idea. I will also be in vegas for five diamond, so, Craig, save me a spot somewhere in the smoking section. I've been to body shop before and its great! I'm pretty sure they don't have food there/I wouldnt wanna eat there. Kind of small, pretty sure they don't sell liquor, but the The girls are very legit

I will not go if its not deluxe, comm'on.

*Reply if u remember going to body shop with me, I dont remeber who I was with. I'm 99% Sass was involved.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 PM

Default Re: STTF - Hotel California MTT Holiday Blowout -preliminary interest list

Oh, quick note...

I will ship the scrippas for the party in from Vegas. They will ride on the PartyBus from Vegas to LA.

Obviously this is an STTF party so there will be lap artists, but they cost money of course so I just wanted to mention that the entry fee will probably be a hundo or so more than whatever Suzzer is estimating.

Irieguy

PS: I am holding spots on the PartyBus for SFB, Usher, Apathy, Bones, TravestyFund, Raptor and Durrr since i'm 99% sure they'll all come. If anyone else wants an early spot held for them let me know. 35' RV is the likely vehicle. Also we need a sober pilot, so the passengers will ship a round-trip ticket to LV for the first serious dude who offers to drive us there and back without drinking. Yugo?
Old 09-26-2007, 11:35 PM

Irie,

I think you, bones and usher are the only dudes that would need to get back to Vegas afterwards?