Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 08:06 PM

Default OT: I am done at Party Poker...their support rep cried on the phone.

Ok, this is my forum, and I never make OT posts, but I have to post it here and not the zoo.

I called support a few weeks ago because 4 of my 6 $55s froze up on me completely and I was experiencing no latency on my connection at all. They were no help and I was out $220.

Fast forward to today. 6 freeze on me. I call my ISP. They check and see there is no latency and I have 7.4MB of free bandwidth or something to that effect. I then call Party, and the first rep is actually a jerk to me, so I ask for a supervisor. I explain my situation to the supervisor and he says he understands completely. He goes to their "technical team" as he calls them and comes back and offers me $20 compensation. I laugh. I tell him this is less than the rake I paid to enter the tournaments in the first place. I then continue to whine that Party sucking has cost me a month of rent and that I wish Party was more helpful to its players. I was nice, and the guy understood. Honestly, he was nice. I was sort of impressed for a minute. He comes back and offers me $25. I laugh again. He keeps saying that he understands my predicament and truly hopes I decide to stay. I say that I pay around $12k a year in rake and this is the treatment I get. He puts me on hold a third time and comes back saying $25 is the absolute max. I tell him as soon as he credits me that $25 I'm cashing out and leaving Party. He does it and I cash out.

What happened next was extremely bizarre. He says, and I quote: "Well, thank you for calling Luke. I *sniffle really *sniffle sniffle* hope you reconsider your decision, and Party Poker will *WHIMPER WHIMPER WHIMPER* really regret losing such a great player *CRIES*"

I say ENJOY! and hang up.

*waves to all my PokerStars opponents*
Old 02-02-2006, 08:08 PM

Default Re: OT: I am done at Party Poker...their support rep cried on the phon

Party support has always been, and will always be, crap. It's the nature of the beast. I don't play there because I expect great support, I play there because of the nature of the games and awful players.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM

If they treated me like that and only offered me $25 Id leave too.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:21 PM

They'd probobly offer the same $25 to a $6 player one tabling
Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM

Default Re: OT: I am done at Party Poker...their support rep cried on the phone.

See ya in a week.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Re: OT: I am done at Party Poker...their support rep cried on the phone.

[ QUOTE ]
*waves to all my PokerStars opponents*

[/ QUOTE ]

joy, another pro at the $60s
Old 02-02-2006, 08:17 PM

I am not a pro, but I'm certain I won't donk off as many chips as I would playing 6 tables.

And Party has treated me like a dream in the past.

PS suzzer names I should avoid?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:19 PM

Were you using the Beta version? That's frozen on me a few times, but I don't have the same problem with 'regular'.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:23 PM

I don't understand how it could be party's fault. When it's their fault they refund all the players remaining in the tournaments... they are very quick with this. Sounds like a problem with your ISP, but of course the ISP will say "Oh it's not us."

I think people vastly overrate customer service, at least when it comes to Party/Stars. While it is a nice addition, I'm not going to play poker just because of good customer service. It's not like Party totally ignores questions.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:25 PM

It was not the ISP. I made sure of this before I called Party.

The dude admitted it was Party's fault but they could not offer me a full refund because the other players were still able to play in the games.

When you lose 9 buyins because of horrible service please come here and say you don't care.