Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2007, 10:50 AM

Default Re: showing up early

I've tried this a couple times...showed up around 5am on a Saturday morning planning on playing 1-2 until the weekly 10am tourney. The first time, there was nothing but tired, good players who were pretty deep-stacked and there wasn't much action unless two big hands collided because nobody wanted to lose their big profit on a marginal hand. The second time, I showed up and there was only one table running with two people on the waiting list so I got to sit around for a couple hours reading magazines. By the time they got a second game going, it was filled with players who were early risers and well-rested.

I've found the juiciest games to be when I've shown up around 11 or midnight. They tend to be fairly deep-stacked and there's always at least one drunk/donk who ran like a god for the past few hours and is just waiting to give away his chips.

Although I'm sure this is different in Vegas or AC where it's more of a party atmosphere.