Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 11:09 PM

Default Re: General life questions / observations / random whatever thread

[ QUOTE ]
The next day I felt sorta bad about a bartender possibly having to eat $100, so I went back and asked to speak to the bar manager. Told him what happened and left him my card. Couple weeks later, no email/call, woohoo!

[/ QUOTE ]

This part confuses me. You went back and left a) your business card, b) your business card and $100, or an unlikely c) your credit card details?

The final sentence initially lead me to option a), with you being happy that they forgot about the $100. But why would you go in there just to drop off your contact info, if your intention was to pay back the money? 'Your employee gave me a free $100. I'm willing to pay it back, but only if you want it. Let me know.' WTF??

So perhaps you left the money to begin with? But then why are you happy that they haven't contacted you? And why did you leave your card to begin with? Solely because you expected a thank you note/call? That seems rather douche-ish tbh, and not something you would do based on reading previous posts. EDIT: Sarcasm detector broken perhaps?

Please, enlighten me!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 PM

the bar manager would run with the monies
Old 11-27-2007, 12:23 AM

So? They call him back and have him wire it? Bring in a check? The manager could always randomly take money at the end of the night and claim one of the bartenders came up short, right? How is this case different?
Old 11-27-2007, 09:57 AM

The point of going back was to make sure the bartender got the money. If the bartender had been hurt by the transaction he would have then contacted El Diablo who would have made a 3rd trip in to return the funds.

I really don't see a better option. You can't leave the money with the manager since you'd have no way of knowing if it got to the bartender. If I was a regular and knew the owner I might leave the money with the owner (if I trusted him) but in most cases I'd have done the same thing. Unless you actually know when the bartender will work again and you could go see him directly I don't see how else to return the money to him without risking it being intercepted.

That the bartender did not contact him means he probably didn't have to cover the missing money.