Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-03-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: Robbery at NYC card club, player dead.

[ QUOTE ]
understood but no one knows me or my motivation for asking so to blindly question my character seemed uncalled for...a polite denial of my request would have done just fine

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you asking "who is it" was inappropriate, but I guess I'm in the minority.

Deaths usually draw out TONS of emotions (people thinking of their own mortality, families etc.) so I wouldn't take it personally.

I wish the best for the family, and pray these criminals are caught and put behind bars before they can do this again.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Robbery at NYC card club, player dead. *DELETED*

Post deleted by jman220
Old 11-03-2007, 03:07 PM

^^^ can't learn a lesson from the first poster?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: Robbery at NYC card club, player dead. *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 11-03-2007, 04:10 PM

This will cut down on the number of internet nerds venturing out of their homes for some live poker.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:17 PM

I think I knew the victim, although casually. He was a super nice guy who I last met in July at one of the clubs subsequently shut down. If its the same guy I am thinking of, he had played at the old Mayfair Club and at the Playstation although not frequently. The first name mentioned in the article matches this gentlemens name. The only thing that threw me is his age. One story said he was in his 40's or 47. The other said he was 55. I dont think the fellow I knew was 55, He looked like he was in his 40's. I hope this person is not the guy I knew.

That would really bother me.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In some ways this makes me appreciate online poker more. What a sad event my thoughts go to the family of the victim.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-03-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like how while this is a huge argument in favor of legalizing poker to make it so people didnt have to go underground. However I'm sure it will be spun as "look what poker makes people do". Argh imo. Horrible about the guy who died imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

who was the person who was shot? can someone PM me or IM me with who it was? if he played at PS back in the day i'm pretty sure I know him,
dlpnyc21

[/ QUOTE ]

i posted literally this exact same request in the B&M thread and got killed by the mod and another poster...such double standards on this forum

[/ QUOTE ]
DLP is a well known New York player and poster

[/ QUOTE ]http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2007/11/wayne_man_gunned_down_at_under.html

[ QUOTE ]
Frank Desena, 55

[/ QUOTE ]
not sure which 2+2r it is though.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have played in nearly every underground card club in the city over the past 4 years. i am well known player/donator. i have been in club robberies and have had a gun held to my head...but i've never heard of the trigger being pulled in one of these robberies. this is absolutely tragic.

[/ QUOTE ]

trigger was pulled 1.5-2 years ago at an Italian joint but nobody was shot. They had uzzis in that robbery, the thought was that the robbers were Albanian which is odd because there have been no other descriptions of bandits that match people of Albanian heritage. Although nobody was shot in that robbery people were pistol whipped.

RIP Frank.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I knew the victim, although casually. He was a super nice guy who I last met in July at one of the clubs subsequently shut down. If its the same guy I am thinking of, he had played at the old Mayfair Club and at the Playstation although not frequently. The first name mentioned in the article matches this gentlemens name. The only thing that threw me is his age. One story said he was in his 40's or 47. The other said he was 55. I dont think the fellow I knew was 55, He looked like he was in his 40's. I hope this person is not the guy I knew.

That would really bother me.

[/ QUOTE ]

your description matches Frank (assuming its the same Frank that I was told it is), except Frank looks 50ish to me. I used to play 4/8 with him in '04 at Playstation.