Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF

Old 11-25-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Personal / dating / whatever life situation gen advice - volume 2

[ QUOTE ]
wait you got her # wednesday night, haven't done anything until today (saturday), and are wondering if you should call her monday? Girls give you their # for a reason, so you can use it. At the very least text her like yesterday. And lol @ you trying to bang her after 3-4 hours of talking and no kissing. Most girls need at least 7 hours to get comfortable with a guy before sex. And FFS, kiss the girl when you leave her, its not hard: eye contact, "I had a really great time seeing you, we should do it again", step in, light kiss on the mouth. If she "rejects" you it wasn't going to happen anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be a jerk but i pretty much disagree with everything in this post. i think kissing her that night would be totally out of line, and i see nothing wrong with waiting till whenever the hell you feel like calling her to call her back.

tc
Old 11-25-2007, 05:11 PM

He talked to her for 3-4 hours, its essentially a first date, you kiss girls on the first date. Maybe not if he wasn't "feeling it" but there's no way it would be "totally out of line". Regardless you have to set the tone here, if you talk for 3-4 hours with no body contact or flirting or kissing she's going to see him as a friend. Be a man.

As far as the phone thing I've made the mistake of waiting too long several times before I figured that out. You have to call girls, and you have to call them 2-3 days after you give them your number. You haven't built up enough interest for them to be "waiting by the phone" so to speak, they will forget you, they will think that you're just playing games, they will think you're not interested and that you're (eventually) calling because you're bored, they will find someone else. Its a huge, huge error to wait 5 days to call a girl you're interested in but haven't gone out with yet.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and you have to call them 2-3 days after you give them your number. You haven't built up enough interest for them to be "waiting by the phone" so to speak, they will forget you,

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT - bad idea not to call within 2 - 3 days if you haven't established anything more than just a casual meeting. She will make other plans and quickly forget about you (unless there was some magical experience which it doesn't sound like it was to me).
Old 11-25-2007, 05:49 PM

i didnt really see an oppurtunity for a kiss, i was drunker than she was and while i kept putting my hand on shoulder and getting closer to her that was pretty much the extent of the contact. we talked at the first bar with about 2 hours and she followed me and my friend to a second bar pretty late. i think im likely ok here.

well its a moot point now anyway but im going with the monday call and will post a TR if something interesting happens. i was away in atlantic city for the weekend, and i think calling with friends around and even calling on the weekend in general was weird. i figure if she likes me and i call on monday and am funny and do good on the call then it'll be fine and if not then whatever. open the call with how was your weekend, i was away for the weekend, and go from there.

is setting up a dinner at a casual place with live music/drinks on a weeknight a good call? if im going to be gone this weekend again is this pretty much the best option?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:28 PM

relax. Just do what works for you; if she likes you then she won't care about when you call or when you go out. GL.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I gave up dating girls who aren't native English speakers. I joke around and am very sarcastic and use irony a lot and it gets you down to have to continually explain things to the point when you don't bother joking around anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all just a matter of personal preference. Although I am sexually attracted to American girls, I am sure I would never marry one. I'm not entirely sure why, but I strongly prefer continental European women.

As long as a woman can speak English fluently, I prefer non-native speakers. English is my girlfriend's third language. When we first met, our cultural differences resulted in humorous situations and made for easy conversation starters. As time went on our conversations became more meaningful, her English got better with practice and I started to learn her language. She definitely knows me well and can relate to me better than any of my previous American girlfriends.

Two of my friends who have dated girls from other countries strongly prefer American girls. It just depends what you are looking for and what you value.