Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2006, 09:36 PM

Default Re: Book Publshing Schedule

[ QUOTE ]
for those who want a more durable book

it's only about $6 to take a 2p2 book to kinkos, have the binding cut-off, and get it spiral bound with a hard front and back that preserves the pages inside and makes it easy to flip pages and leave the book open to a certain page.

I forget who to give credit for this idea

[/ QUOTE ]
That would be Mr. Lost Wages
Old 04-15-2006, 04:58 PM

Hey Guys, I put a public google calendar with poker book's publication schedules. I have a few books listed, and if you would like to help me keep it updated, pm me for edit rights.

You can search google calendar for 'poker books' or here is the public address:

http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/1us...om/public/basic

Mike
Old 04-15-2006, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it's only about $6 to take a 2p2 book to kinkos, have the binding cut-off, and get it spiral bound with a hard front and back that preserves the pages inside and makes it easy to flip pages and leave the book open to a certain page.

I forget who to give credit for this idea, but some helpful 2p2ers had a thread with pics. It is definitely worth the money if you use the books as much as I do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "get it spiral bound", are you referring to the standard 3 hole punch with 3 big steel loops. Or are you talking about spiral wiring that comes in standard notebooks? Doing this definitely sounds like a good idea since a couple of my books are starting to wear.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:04 PM

Either spiral wiring, although the wire is plattic, not metal like in standard notebooks.
Old 04-15-2006, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I forget who to give credit for this idea, but some helpful 2p2ers had a thread with pics. It is definitely worth the money if you use the books as much as I do. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When you say "get it spiral bound", are you referring to the standard 3 hole punch with 3 big steel loops. Or are you talking about spiral wiring that comes in standard notebooks? Doing this definitely sounds like a good idea since a couple of my books are starting to wear.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at the Lost Wages link a few posts up (ty Jordan for that link)

It's a thread with pics off how it looks from Kinko's

FWIW_I read a few 2p2 books all the time while on the exercise bike or stairmaster at the campus rec center. They get lots of wear/sweat/etc, but the Kinko's binding has stayed strong. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-16-2006, 10:01 PM

I took a few of my books to Staples to get spiral bound and it was like 3 bucks apiece. A very good investment, IMO.

I absolutely hate wrestling w/ 2+2 books; it feels like I'm sitting there trying to read a bear trap, especially when they're relatively new.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:28 PM

I've found lifting weights help a bit with them. I also sometimes use two thick books. I trap one side inside one and the other side inside the other book. Then I don't have to pull them open when reading, whether at my desk or on the throne. Also leaves hands free to do, well, private things.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've found lifting weights help a bit with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should eat more protein.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:48 PM

Can you get different color spiraling for different books. It would be nice to have yellow spiraling for TOP, red for SSHE so you know which one it is when it is stored away.
Old 04-21-2006, 08:13 PM

Just got 3 of my books (SSH, TOP, SCSFAP) spiral bound at FedEx Kinko's for about 5 bucks each. I really like how it turned out. It should make for much easier reading and referencing. Now I can just let it sit on my leg and it'll stay open. Only bad thing is that in SSH, it cut off some of the cards on the cover and some of the words on the back of the book. It's not even a big deal anyway, and I don't really care about that. It's a good deal and I would recommend doing it.